STDs Community
I have a red itch rash on the pubic area and other places.

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Ok well a few months ago someone suggested I get tested for std's because of my rash. I've had this rash for easily 6 months. I've been checked for std's and the only positive that showed up was HSV-1 which I've known I already had since I get fever blisters. Anyways this rash comes off in and in my pubic area and i haven't shaved since it started 6 months ago. The rash seems gets bad for about a week to 5 days once every month with nearly intolerable itching. I have the rash under my neck, in my arm pits, on my anus, my genitals, inner thighs, on the penis, even behind the ears and on the eyebrows/forehead. They said it looks like a allergic reaction/dermatitis

. Then the skin dries up and gets flaky. I've gone to the doctor easily 4 times and they've prescribed me all different kinds of cortisone which seemed to do nothing. Finally my family doctor referred me to a dermatologist who then prescribed me a tube of pro topic which only made the swelling and burning pain worse. The dermatologist  suggested I use it for three days and the pain and swelling will go away sooner or later when you use it. I used it for a week and still the symptoms were the same.

So my grandma who is a public health care official came over and checked me out. She suggested I make sure it's not scabbies to rule that out. So three weeks ago I was prescribed permetherin, after using it for a week they perscribed me another. Still nothing. The rash on my genitals is worse and it's on my thighs still.

What in the hell could this be?
Also in the genital area there raised bumps. And I've been checked for HPV as well!
no reason to think these rashes are std related at all. no std related rashes linger like this on this many body parts.

continue to follow up with the dermatologist regularly.

grace