STDs Community
I was raped and now I have a rash

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I was raped and now I have a rash

I am freaking out. I was date raped early Saturday morning (3-4am), and I woke up on Saturday (7pm) after I fell asleep with a very ichy vagina. He was very aggressive with my vagina.I haven't been sleeping much, and it's been continuously itching, and red and irritated. I have been using Vagisil to help control it, but I have been scratching. I noticed last night (Sunday night) which would be about 2 - 3 days later that I have tiny little red cuts on the inside of my vaginal lips, and 3-4 red pimple like things on my thigh; but the itching has subsided a little bit, and the redness is slightly going away. It doesn't hurt when I urinate or shower.

I have been reading nonstop practicaly on the internet trying to find some kind of answer, but I haven't come across one yet, and I really didn't want to post something.

Should I be worrying?
Do you know who did this to you?  Don't be scared to turn him in.  It's not your fault.

Next, if the itching persists after a week, go ahead and see a doctor.  see what they have to say.
Yes I know who did it, and it would just cause more chaos if I reported it. I told someone though, and they said that if I told my gyno what happened that she would have the report it by law. Is that true? Isn't there some kind of confidentiality thing? I don't want it out there, at least not yet.
report it as soon as possible the longer you wait the worse its going to be trust me my fiance was involved in the same thing and also one of my sisters. dont let that ******* control your life report him its called rape and its wrong.
Thank you all for your support, but I was kinda hoping for advice on my symptoms. I'm doing slightly better today though, but am still very sore.
You should still report him. How would you feel if he did it to another girl? If you don't turn him in, would you be able to live with that? If you don't fear for yourself, fear for other victims. Women that are too afraid to turn rapists in allow more rapes to occur. Sorry to be harsh, but it's true. Especially if he winds up having an STD. That would leave other women vulnerable to him when you have the power to help stop it.
You should listen to what the others are saying, chaos around you is better than chaos in your head.

But in regards to your chase, to my best knowledge your gyno is not allowed to report anything due to patient confidentiality (but if you are scared of the report, say that you slept with someone and you got the thing after)

Again if you won't report him, just get some others to rip of his penis, because his a pig with out the right to reproduce ever. Thats a solution as well.

Hope that you are alright and living.
You need to put that man away...or tell someone you trust and love like your father, brother, mother, sister whoever to take care of the problem for you.  I think you may be overly paranoid about the STD, but that you should still seek professional advice.  Catching those problems early, can often prevent them from being worse.  I am not an expert, but I've dealt with my share of problems and traumas in life and really think you need to pass this problem on to a loved one who can handle it for you. JB
get it checked out and report it. EB
i agree with everyone else you should turn him in i know what your going though i was raped too wat i think u should do it the next time you see your doctor ask the doctor to give you a womans examine they do that for rape victims like u and i that way the doctor can tell u if that guy gave u anything but i had lil rips to it will heal that i know for sure but u need to put that guy away for wat he did to u no man should get away with that but becareful and go get a check up with your doctor
I won't comment on your situation.  That for you to decide.   My suggeston would be to go to your Dr. and just let them see you.  You don't have to give spec. to the Dr. as to how you got it, if you have anything.  Just tell them you're concerned with whats going on and let them look you over and perscribe what they have to.