STDs Community
INSIDE of thong touched public toilet seat/bowl

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I was at school yesterday and while I was sitting down to use the bathroom the INSIDE of my thong lightly brushed the toilet bowl area near the top. I'm extremely germaphobic and I'm just wondering if there's anyway any STD or disease could be transmitted that way? I put toilet paper between my body and my underwear because I was paranoid, and later on in the day I just wore my underwear like a normally do! It was on a college campus so I'm so worried there could have been something on the toilet bowl that I didn't notice! There didn't seem to be any residual wetness or filth where it touched, but you never know. What are your thoughts? Can you get herpes, chlamydia, etc from the inside of my underwear touching the toilet bowl/seat? Thank you!
STD's have that name for a reason. You have to have some form of sex.
Is there any risk of catching anything from a toilet seat?
Re-read what vance said as far as STDs.

As far as germs, its possible to catch from a toilet seat, but very unlikely.
Your "extremely germaphobic" as you said just wash your hands that's all you need to worry about.
Does all of that still apply even though the INSIDE of my underwear rubbed up on the toilet seat and then touched my vagina? I'm not so much worried about getting anything from a bare butt sitting down on a toilet, but more that my underwear being moist (because I'm obviously wearing them all day) could have picked something up and transmitted it to my vagina! EEK!!
We should make a forum called "germs".  

hmmmmm.. the possibilities.

So, don't worry about STDs okay.  I want to remind you STD stands for Sexually transmitted diseases.   Unless you consider having sex with a toilet seat come back with this senario and we will try to help you.