STDs Community
If He and I didn't cheat, how did I get it?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I married my husband in Dec 2010. I was tested for STD's January 12th 2010 and tested negative for Gonorrhea, Trichomonas, and Chlamydia. I tested positive for Gardnerella Vaginitis  and was treated. I was told it was no big deal and that my hubby need not be treated. I was tested by way of smear.
In April, I started having symptoms of what I thought was a yeast infection and I had a VERY bad UTI. I was treated for the UTI and treated myself for Yeast infection OTC. My UTI came back full-force and worse than before so I was treated again with different meds and it went away. However, my "Yeast" infection only got worse.
May 14th was the day I went to the ER with swelling so bad I felt like I was sitting on my Uterus, pain/burning in my vaginal area, a yellow/white/creamy discharge that smelled like fish, painful sex, extreme itching, anal bleeding and swelling, and bleeding of the vaginal lips from the inflammation. I was again given a Vag exam and smear test/cultures done. The test showed I had Trichomonas and I am waiting on the Chlamydia and Gonorrhea tests. I have been treated for Trichomonas as well as my husband.
My husband swears he didn't cheat on me and is even becoming angry about this. I know I didn't cheat! How else could I have gotten this?
Tags: cheat, trichomonas, Trich, husband
Hello

I am sorry to hear you are going through all this.   Trichomonas is one pathogen that has been reported to be "dormant infectious" meaning you could have had it for a while and it just became active.   Also, you asked how else you could have gotten this, another way I have read the doc's saying is that from bacteria from your rectum to your vagina.   I hope you wipe from vaginal area to the rectal area direction and NOT the other way around.  

Here's a similar post to your situation and questions:
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Misdiagnosis-of-Trich/show/921830

A trich infection should NOT point you to thinking there was infidelity in your relationship, Chlamydia and/or gonorrhea however should.  
usually men aren't tested for trich. it's very hard to detect in them. did your husband have a full std work up done prior to marriage? You getting a work up is only half of the story.

also, typically herpes is not a part of routine std testing. you will both need to be specifically tested for it to know who has what.  You don't want any further surprises later on!

did they also treat hubby?

grace