STDs Community
If I have been faithful to my Husband How did I get Trich?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I have been with the same man for the last 6 years, I have had 1 child in the last 2 years, she is 11 months old and Im pregnant with my third at 15 weeks now, I had a pap smear done in December 2,  2010 and I had abnormal cells and a leep procedure done. I soon found out I was pregnant again in January 2011. I had several blood tests and Ultra sounds done in the last 3 months of this pregnancy due to being a high risk patient because of my history of pregnancy. before my last childs birth my paps were normal. I have been diognosed with Trichomanas on April 8,  2011. I have read alot of different information on this STd, but my questions areas follows. my pap was an E/C TPAP.

1. Could it have been missed in my last pap smear?

2. Is it true to be dormant or hidden for several years?

3. Is it true symptoms only show up  after 5 to 28 days after contracting it?

4. Can you only get Trich from sexual penatration only or can it be passed orally?

5. Is it true that you can get from a toilet seat?

My husband is saying he has not been with another at all in our relationship, he has not ever cheated on me... So I am really trying  to figure out if I could of had this for years or if I recently contracted it and my husband is lying about not having another sex partner?

It has caused major tension between the 2 of us considering that it just now popped up and over the last 6 years I have not had any other problems with HPV or STDs. Please Help.

This discussion is related to Diagnosed with Trich on Monday.
1. Yes
2. No, if you have it then it is not hidden or dorment. It can be difficult to be found in tests and no symptoms my present and you can have it for a while
3. I have not heard that before
4. I am not sure if it can be passed orally
5. No, but it has been found to be passed via things like a hot tub, dirty towel. So while listed as a STD, it can be passed other ways.

Trich is no way an indication that someone cheated. You may never really know the answer on how you got it. Husband could also test to see if he has it.
Thanks 4 your answers, It helps in a way but I have not been in any hot tubs or at any pools to be around wet towels, nor has my husband that im aware. Im curious as to how long it can be in your system because Ive had several paps and Wet mounts in the last 3 years due to giving birth to my 11 month old and having previous cancerous cells,  a colposkpy and leap was preformed and was not present then. These tests were performed If ive had it for a while why is it just now showing up in my system? I am just scared that If it does not lay dormant in a person for several years how can I have possibly gotten it and my husband is being tested This week and is swearing there has not been another individual sexually in the last 3 years.
I can only really give you how it is transmitted and that Trich is not often tested for and my show no symptoms.
You have been with him for 6 years but you said 3 years he was with someone else sexually, so it could have been 3 years ago.