STDs Community
I'm not sure what ot make of this

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I'm not sure what ot make of this

I'm not so sure what to make of this. 3 days ago I had unprotected oral sex with sex worker (dont know why i didnt even think of a condom- my stupidity-(i'm shaven,and circumsized btw) anyways, she was totally into foreplay - I'm not trying to advertise, I just want to explain here- she washed me down at the sink with warm soap and water, dried me up, then she used this warming lube on me and friction made it really warm. as she "worked" me, the warming sensation increased. When I was done, she used another warm towel and cleaned me up. Now when I was driving home I thought "holy ****- I forgot to use a condom!" she works many different cities, adverts on craigslist. I am so freaked out, I dont know what to do! my area above my shaft is slighlty swollen, and my genitals are burning even till now. NO cuts or anything, but it seems that some small spots are appearing on the sac- do you think this could be an alergic (allergic) reaction to the lube? I went a day after to my dr for a blood test, but this feeling and suspense will not let me sleep? I called her and offered her money to come to a clinic for a blood test and she refused- she claimed she was clean had not sores or cuts, and is tested regularly, yet she declined to go for a test.
My question is, and I know it may not make any sense, but I need some sort of direction- what do you make of this? I've studied all the sites of the possible infections, I dont know what to do? I dont want anything, what wouId I tell my wife and kids?? is there any herbal healing out there- nothing that suppresses it, but totally kills any infection? she was clean looking, smelled good, but who knows, if she lets every client shoot in her mouth, what do I have?
help pls.
Tags: Oral, help, swollen, reaction
What kind of blood test did you have done?

You can get gonorrhea, NGU, syphilis and genital herpes type 1 from receiving oral sex.  (If you already have oral herpes type 1, don't worry about it genitally.)

You should go to a clinic and get a urine test for gonorrhea and NGU.  No, there are no herbal anything to cure this.

AJ
from oral sex u could get gonorrhea, ngu, herpes and syphilis. any std aquired via oral sex is low but possible.
your symptoms sound like irritation, but here are the testing times...gonorrhea and ngu-1 week ( symptoms are discharge and/or burning while urinaion they come on 2-7 days after the encounter most of the time) syphilis 6 weeks (you would see a sore-very uncommon in US and women), and herpes-4 months (you would see bumps in a coupel of weeks.)
I went to my urologist and told him what happened- he sent me for a blood test for hiv, herpes, clamidya,and I think goorrhea.- not sure- he is an older indian guy, and I felt I could go to him without being judged- this really is so embarrassing, I am well known in the community, and didnt know where to go.  So I guess I should go and do a urine test as well? the burniing may have been irritation, however there is a sharp pin like feeling poking me( not sure if it is my imagination or not), and there is no burning when I urinate, just the swelling above the penis, but that would happen to me from timt to time in the past ( possibly because of the vasectemy)- I have never been with any sexual partner, just my wife, and this current experience.  And i know 150% that my wife hasnt been anywhere else.  Would the blood test i did 1 1/2 days after the event show herpes or hiv right away? or should i go again and get it done weekly?
by the way, thanks for your input- I really appreciate it.  Another question I forgot to ask-if I ma infected with herpes or something, how should I be around my kids? I mean, they always share my dirnk of water, juice, milk, whatever- and my youngest always kisses me on the side of my mouth, partially on the lip.  I have been so scared that I hold them close, and kiss them on the forehead only, and dont allow anyone to drink from my glass, and I avoid my wife's attempts to kiss me on the lips- should I do this? Can they catch it from my saliva? And maybe its paranoia, but I feel that I have a bas taste in the back of my throat all day long - I am brushing 6 times a day, and the taste doesn't leave- what could this mean?
I more question- if this sp had hiv can I get it from having received oral unprotected?
No risk for oral sex here, so no need to worry.

Your chances of anything are low, but if you must test, get a urine test for gonorrhea and NGU.

Aj
so it is exactly 1 week after my unprotected oral experience with an sp.  I went to another dr to get a test done and will not know until monday (3days from today) and my 1st test with my 1st dr - i will not know until monday as well, since I didnt know he was away on holidays. and the kicker is that I am away next week and these guys dont say anything over the phone.  I developed a bit of a "rash" as per my 2nd dr- he gave some anit-fungal cream, but it does not seem to be working- he had swabbed the area because I asked him to, but he insisted that it was because maybe I was extra nervous and have been sweating alot. Here is the problem, on teh inner part of my thigh, in the crease in the groin that meets the testicles, a small painful, itch red bump has appeared, and on my testicles asmall tiny pin-head sized bump has appeared- no puss or anything just yet, but i'm freaked out- what can it be? also inside my throat (im not sure if it becasue of the teary eye drops I am using becase of my laser eye surgery) I feel a small pimple forming, and the tip of my penis feels like a pin keeps poking it on the side- please please please help, I dont have a clue of what all this is, but it definetly is something, and I cant wait 1 week to find out!! thank you.
This isn't sounding like an std, and your doctor, who examined you, felt it wasn't either.

My best advice is to try and relax, and enjoy your trip.

Aj
from surfing this site, I see ppl dont say thank you for your time and advice.
THANK YOU for your re-asurance...  I will try to relax, but there are way too many coincidences with these reactions/symptoms... so i guess i have to put up with the sensations and wait for the results..
Good luck, and let us know what the results are.  Thanks for the thanks lol.  :)

Aj
I just noticed as i stepped into the shower a leison 9 a cut0 on teh shaft of my peins. it hurts as water passes over it , and the bumps around the groin are hurting a little- what do i do? the anitfungal cream isnt working. is this herpes? or can it even be gonnorhea (Gonorrhea) or gnu?  pls advixe i am so much more freaked out than before!
It would be much more likely to be herpes than gonorrhea or chlamydia, and I'd strongly urge you to get this checked out tomorrow.  Don't put anything on it - just let the doctor see it as it is.

If they even think its herpes, have them do a type specific culture on it.  If you wait much longer past tomorrow, they won't be able to get a good sample from the culture, and you won't know what it is.

Aj
i an in virginia vienna right now, i am here on business, i have mtgts all day tomorrw and cnat get out of them- i leave friday- can a hospital check this out?
Yes, a hospital can check it out.  

Aj
should i go to an emergency room?
You can if you want.  You can also try an urgent care center tomorrow after work.

Aj
thank you, also what should i be seeing as the next steps happen to this small cut i stretched the skin,and is a pinhole size cut- no puss though. and this all happened in 1 day? is that how it happens?
A pinhole size cut probably isn't herpes.  Keep your eye on it for a day, and see how it looks tomorrow after work.

It could be irritation from the antifungal cream.

Aj
actually i did load up on the anit fungal cream last night and accidentally touched the shaft with some of the cream on my finger, it did tingle a bit, but i dint think much of it. also today, i had to open my suitcase infront of ppl at the airport because it was too heavy- i was tottally sweating like a dog there and i felt the cream running. also is there anything else that should happend, I e. pussing- if it pusses then it can be herpes, i read herpes bumps cut and puss then scab and can last for how many days? but to happen in one day is this even possible?
If it starts to blister or look like it has pus, then get it checked.  Yes, it is possible to get sores in one day - I woke up one morning with sores and had herpes.  

And LOL at your description of the airport.  It seems like I always end up in a situation like that.  

Aj

assuming if it is herpes, (i hope not) can i pass it on to my wife through unprotected sex? and should i be careful around my kids sharing my drinks?and yeah the airport really got me sweating!
Lets not assume its herpes.  It really doesn't sound like it.

If it is, then yes, your wife could get it, and no, you wouldn't need to be careful sharing drinks, etc, except to avoid colds, flus, etc.
AJ,
thank you so much for putting up with my questions- i really hope it isn't and i really do appreciate your quick responses in my time of really needed them. whoever you are, I really wish you the best for your service you do for so many on this site.  last question for the evening, if it is, how should i tell my wife that i got herpes- i cant tell her the truth- it would kill her- not me, her- she would be devastaed- i know it doesnt sound rite, but i have to make a story. what is believeable?
OK first, you don't know that you have herpes, and you are already sounding as if you do.

If this is herpes, you honestly could have had it for a long time and this could be your first noticeable outbreak.  That happens.  Most people aren't ever tested for it unless they have symptoms.  If you do have herpes from this, then it would be genital herpes type 1, and honestly, if your wife has it, that is something that she could give you via oral sex.  If your blood test is negative though, and this does turn out to be herpes, its a new infection.

If your blood test is positive, you had this before, maybe, as that's assuming your genital symptoms are herpes.

If you are already positive for type 1, you can safely assume that's an old oral infection, most likely, and that would make this very unlikely to be genital herpes type 1.  You can't infect someone with something they already have.

I can't advocate lying, but I should have given you enough info so that you can talk to your wife without devastating her.  I would also strongly suggest that if you go outside of the marriage again - which isn't terribly kind knowing how she would react - that you use condoms.

Aj
thanks for your response,
and i just wanted to share with you that  the cut has not blistered or is not even a raised bump, so i think that part of it is ok. however all the little bumps in the groin area seem to be getting a little bigger with 1 bump having a git of a puss-like tip. so time will tell i suppose.. funny, i have been swamped all day- had my washroom breaks, no tingling sensations. get back tot he hotel, and the tingling starts again. in fact now i feel a bump on my backside (butt)..
I'd wonder if some of it is anxiety.

The only way you will know what these symptoms are is to see a doctor about it.

Get some sleep, and try not to think about it.

Aj
AJ, thanks for the reply.
I am hoping that you may be right... I cant get in touch with my dr. I've left 2 msgs, and he is away next wk when I return! i have to wait even longer?? i will see if I can find out from another dr there. anyways the bumps seem to have stabalized, they looked puss filled, but are shrinking ever so slightly without having popped yet. but do you think this could be considered a mild breakout? or if it was a fungus, (does fungus puss up) does it take longer than a week to clear up? just asking -btw i just cant sleep i am awake every other hr feeling pinches.
thanks,
also is there anyway i can post a pic in a private members area so you can give me an idea if this stuff really is herpes- b/c the more and more i research, it seems like it actually is- all the symptoms, the bumps/ lesions/ im so messed up.

pls let me know if this is possible.
hello there,

I dont know what this means: my lips and tongue are tingling- and the shaft now as well is tingling0 anxiety you think? or something about to happen?
I really think its anxiety hon.  Tingling is a classic sign of being overly aware of certain body parts, which is part of anxiety.

Remember that getting an std from oral sex is pretty low risk, and the chances that you got anything are very slim.

If you are this concerned, you need to carve some time out and go to a doctor.

Aj
Hello, thanks for the response- i will keep you posted, i am going to see a different dr on Saturday.
Hello again AJ,
There have been a few questions tha i was debating on whether or not to bother you with pls- ( iwas going to wait unitl saturday, but i cant wait, sorry)
1-  can anxiety make me think that I feel like my skin ins itching? on my foot, leg, back, chin, groin, - not ithcing, but a sharp pin like pain?
2- and over this evening, the shaft of my penis is really hurting, (sore) - i"ve had absolutely 0 sexual activity ever since the event, a clear fluid appears at the tip when i squeeze it- it is getting red (the shaft)- dont see any bumps, other than the normal skin bumps.what can this be?
3- do you think the antifungal cream from touching the shaft is causing an allergic reaction? i am using :15 LAMSIL 1% CR (TERBINAFINE HCL)- I've been using it for 8 days so far, and those other bumps are still there!
4- how long does it take for herpes to make an outbreak?5-10 days? usually isnt the 1st one the worst one?

please and thanks
1 - Absolutely.  http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Mental%20Health/What-are-the-symptoms-of-anxiety/show/124?cid=60

2 - How often are you squeezing it?  A discharge from an std would be there with no squeezing.

3 - Possibly, but you'd need to let a doctor see it.  I'd stop using it, just in case.

4 - Typically, you'd get an outbreak within 2-20 days.  The first one is typically the worst one.  Of course, those are typicals and people are different.
thank you,
wow, I cant believe it, so many of those anxiety symptoms I have had ever since- teh flu like symptoms, dizziness, excess sweat at night, and so much more! thanks for sharing that link.
i only squeezed it after a couple of hrs of feeling that there was a drop just leaking in my underwear (oops), so when I did have a chance, the fluid came out (looked like urine) but I couldnt tell if it was anything- wasnt sticky or anything. I tried squeezing again a hr or so later- nothing. any thoughts on this?
No, except that if its an infection, you will have discharge without you squeezing.  You might be causing irritation to it by squeezing.

Anxiety is a really powerful thing, and I don't think many people realize how it can affect you physically.  

Aj
OK , here's where I am at:
I went to my urologist today who did the 1st blood test on me. HIV: NO, Gonnorrhea: NO; syphllis: NO, Chlamidiya: NO, HSV-1 ANTIBODIES DETECTED.
this test was done 1.5 days after receiving unprotected oral sex. the Dr. went on to explain to me that this is non-sexual, if I had chicken pox, or cold sores or blisters in mouth, this would cause anitbodies- I had chicken pox when I was 6 or 7 (27-28 yrs ago!), blisters once in a while, but not often. I asked why my genitals and shaft were still burning, and he said he had no clue why- we will test again in 1 mth- but he said not to worry.- he inspected the bumps, and said it was a "derm- something"  i cant remember. but he said that wasnt herpes.  he did prescribe me Zorivax (an ointment for herpes outbreaks) just in case, and (i cant quite make out his writing) a Famivir or famvis for 10 days- not too sure what this was for- he said this was for the irritation. Then I went to the second clinic right after that did the blood and urine test 6 days after rec. oral.- the DR on duty was an older gent- couldnt read  so he had to squint on his computer - he looked at my bumps, and said he couldnt see anything. the results of the tests were the same as above, however these guys swabbbed he bumps when they first started- and did the urine test- from the swab the result was negative for herpes, and urine test had nothing negative to report. so I asked about the soreness and the bumps, and the aching, and the pinching, again- he said it could be anything, but its not herpes.I showed him the prescriptions the 1st dr gave me and he questioned why he would give me herpes medication- I told about the anitbodies, and he just nodded. It was almost like he was in a rush, i asked if i should come back in a month, and he said no, its not necessary. he did prescribe me another ointment to use though, it has a steroid and antifungal content in it.  even when they 1st swabbed me, I am questionning if they got any of the infection on the swab.
So I am VERY confused. i guess i will use the ointment of the second dr,and take the pills of the 1st dr? what do you recommend? Something is still there- my genitals ache, and are sore, and tingle. even thought my anxiety has been reduced alot so far today, this feeling of something wrong is there, its a gut feeling. i am thinking to find another place to go and get properly tested again?? WHAT SHOULD I DO?
OK first - hsv1.  That is the virus that causes cold sores, and about 60%+ of the population has it.  You probably got it as a child from your parents, a playmate, etc.  Only about 20-40% of those with oral hsv1 will ever get a cold sore.  I have no idea why he gave you famvir for the genital stuff.  That's an antiviral used for herpes.  I wonder if he gave you that for if you ever get an oral outbreak.  If you get an oral outbreak - cold sore - then take the famvir as soon as you feel or see it happening.

The upside to this is that if you have oral hsv1, the chances of you getting genital hsv1 are slim to none.  Just avoid getting oral sex if someone has an active cold sore.

I would give the antifungal stuff a try.  Knowing that you already had an hsv1 infection makes this so unlikely to be genital hsv1, which you would get from oral sex.

Aj
Aj, thanks for the reply,
1- having hsv-1 antibodies - does it meant that I have hsv-1? I've never had an acutal oral outbreak ever, at the most the pimple on my tongue or a little zit that i would pop at the corner of my lip- would this be  considered a mild outbreak?
2- also am i correct in assuming that there are only 2 types of herpes hsv 1 and hsv2? or is there the 3rd straight up hardcore herpes?
3-  i still dont understand why there was swelling and burning and tingling. any thoughts?
4- Can they test to see if these antibodies are new or old (did they just happpen or have they been in me?) how can I be sure?
1 - Yes, that's what it means.  If you have antibodies, you have the virus.  I don't know that your symptoms are hsv1 - they don't sound like it.  Herpes is usually on the lips or just inside them.

2 - No, there are only 2 types.  I have no idea what straight up hardcore herpes is.  You can have type 1 orally or genitally, and type 2 is almost always genital.

3 - Maybe an allergic reaction to something?  Its a guess.

4 - Did you have a type specific IgG test?  If you did, then its an "old" infection.  This means anything longer than maybe a few weeks.  You wouldn't test positive the next day.  Other than that, you can't narrow the time down anymore.  My guess is that you've had it for awhile.  You might not ever get a cold sore.

Don't dwell on it too much, ok?  Life shouldn't change because of oral hsv1.

Thanks for the response.

I really do appreciate all the patience and understanding you have excerciesd while answereing my questions. I will keep you updated with progress and future test results.
its funny though, 1 day after rec. my test results and using the antifungal only once, teh tngling has decreased dramatically, and the pinching all over my body has stopped!? so most of it was anxiety I guess.
question- To get HSV-1 it is rare on the genitals from rec. oral sex, right?
Its not rare in general, but would be rare for you as you have hsv1 antibodies that will offer you strong protection against getting that in another location.

Aj
Thanks for the reply AJ,

I think my anxiety may have just started back up again.  I was just in the shower, and thought I would check for progress on the bumps in the groin- they are going down, however a funny thing has happened.  The bumps have started developing on my genitals?! they are many bumps, not clustered (i think)- and again they are beginning to sting- is it possible for herpes to have started there?
I'd really doubt it.  Just get it checked.

Aj
thanks AJ,
I cant get in until the wknd to get checked...
quick question, hsv-1 in the genitals vs hsv-2  what is supposed to happen?
I don't know what you mean.  

Aj
Hello Aj,

What I meant was the symptoms of HSV-1 vs the symptoms of hsv-2 is there a diffference - is there a difference in pain, or swelling or type of bumps, or severity of the breakout?
Also, i couldnt' get nto the dr"s office- maybe tomorrow- howver, i wanted to ask how long would it take for a bump to open and become an open sore? ive been getting more bumps, but they dont flare up and open.
Oh ok.

TYPICALLY, and remember that every person is different, type 1 would have milder, less frequent outbreaks.  Some people with hsv2, though, get very mild and infrequent obs.  A lot goes into it - the person's own immune system, if they have type 2, did they have type 1 prior, how much virus the person was exposed to at time of infection, etc.

Typically, a sore presents as a sore - it doesn't start as a bump and then become a sore.

Aj

Thank you AJ,

I finally have an appt to go tomorrow to run another blood test- i am going to request the igg. There is still irritation dont know why.
I am still unclear about HSV-1, do you think that if I shared my chapstick with my kids- and I haven't had any sores whatsoever- that this can be transferred through saliva? I feel so bad for having this- ever since that encounter, I havent been intimate with my wife, havent kissed her on the lips, and havent kissed the kids anywhere else other than their forehead. I am so uncomfortable emotionally and still physically...
Oh hon.  Nothing about your life should change because you have oral hsv1.  You've probably had it forever.

Just avoid sharing anything for cold and flu prevention, but your wife may already have hsv1.  Don't kiss anyone if you have a cold sore, but that's all you need to do.

And its time I suggest counseling.  I know you feel guilty, but guilt doesn't equal risk.  
And why are you doing another blood test?  Its not going to show anything different, and hsv2 is not a concern here.  You got oral, and oral hsv2 is VERY RARE.

AJ
thanks for your responses AJ,

however, i am hoping i dont have genital herpes- I am still concerned about the pain on the left side of the genitals- i have stopped the antifungal cream, and stopped the meds- any ideas what it could be? no major outbreak, just the bumps..
I'm tapped out of ideas.  I think you need to follow up with your doctor about it.

Aj