STDs Expert Forum
In reference to previous converstion

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

In reference to previous converstion

Dr. Hook,

I recentally noticed a scab on my penis area. I would like to check to see if I have anything to worry about. the last time I had sex was over 8 months ago and it was using protection. I was tested after word and had a false positive for syphillis (syphilis) and negative for everything else since when I retested a month later the test came out all negative and my doctor said everthing should be fine I doubt it is any thing but I just want to get some advice so I know what to do. I posted the info in to you about the same time fram i was tested as well. I am not very sexually active. I think the scab could come from shaving that area and getting a ingrown hair or something of that sort the scap is not pussing and appears to be healing after a 2 day period. I also have not noticed any other STD symptoms since I last had sex
Tags: STI/STD
Welcome back to our Forum.  You don't mention anything about your sexual activity since your last post so I will assume there have been no further exposures which might have lead to an ST. If that is the case, there is no reason to be worried about syphilis. You have a good alternative explanation. furthermore, it is now far too long since your exposure for you to be developing a syphilis lesion.

My advice in not to worry and move on.  I see no reason for additional testing however, if you feel you must for your peace of mind, repeat the testing. while it might again be falsely positive (positive on one test but not the other), I am confident it will show that you do not have syphilis.  EWH
I stated in the first line I have not had sex since my last test around 8 months ago when I was tested. That includes oral sex as well as intercourse. Thanks for the info
So you did, sorry.  No reason for concern about syphilis related to the scab you noticed.  EWH

Thanks. Is there anything else it could be? I intend to set an appointment with my doctor today so I can try to figure out what it is.
I went in to my doctor and had the test ran along with a culture. Based on looking at it she said it looks like an irrated hair follicle and to just put some neosporin on it and dont mess with it.
I agree with her advice.  Thanks for the follow-up. EWH