STDs Community
Ineffective Gonorrhea/Chlamydia treatment?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Was treated for gonorrhea/chlamydia with Doxycycline (2 tabs, 100mg, 7 days) and Rocephin (shot).  I'm on the 6th day of 7 day treatment and I am still experiencing the burning sensation when I urinate.   I was wondering what this means for me. How long is it supposed to take for symptoms to subside, is this an antibiotic-resistant strain, Am I stuck with gonorrhea forever, are you f**king kidding me? etc.   I'm stressed over it. My sex life has been fairly tame and usually protected (tested in January and everything was negative) and it's extremely upsetting to me that what is supposed to be, in a sense, a "get out of jail free" std might haunt me to the grave.  I will be returning to the doctor of course but I am wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences, specifically the bizarre combination they used to treat it and what hope there is if this doesn't work out. Thanks
Tags: Gonorrhea, doxycycline, rocephin, fibroid treatment, childlamydia, ineffective, Holistic HealthD
It can take 2 weeks for all symptoms to go away and possibly a 2nd round of antibiotics.