STDs Community
Ineffective Gonorrhea/Chlamydia treatment?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Was treated for gonorrhea/chlamydia with Doxycycline (2 tabs, 100mg, 7 days) and Rocephin (shot).  I'm on the 6th day of 7 day treatment and I am still experiencing the burning sensation when I urinate.   I was wondering what this means for me. How long is it supposed to take for symptoms to subside, is this an antibiotic-resistant strain, Am I stuck with gonorrhea forever, are you f**king kidding me? etc.   I'm stressed over it. My sex life has been fairly tame and usually protected (tested in January and everything was negative) and it's extremely upsetting to me that what is supposed to be, in a sense, a "get out of jail free" std might haunt me to the grave.  I will be returning to the doctor of course but I am wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences, specifically the bizarre combination they used to treat it and what hope there is if this doesn't work out. Thanks
Tags: Gonorrhea, doxycycline, rocephin, fibroid treatment, childlamydia, ineffective, Holistic HealthD
It can take 2 weeks for all symptoms to go away and possibly a 2nd round of antibiotics.