Aa
A
A
Close
Ingrown Hair?
I reposted on my old thread in, but didn't get a response. Can someone please take a read through my current headache? :)

I recently had a bout of razor-rash on my pubic area after shaving: about 5-6 marks, most of them slightly red, flush with the skin (not raised), and about the size of a ball point pen-head. There's one bump, however, that's giving me some concern. I think it may be an ingrown hair: I've had it for several weeks; it first appeared as a small whitehead. I tried popping it, thinking it was a pimple. It didn't pop, so I left it alone. It wasn't bothering me and I forgot about it. I shaved my pubic area again and noticed the bump was red and irritated. It was raised and still looked pimple-ish, but the head was no longer white, it was red. I tried a different tactic: two days in a row, I treated it with a hot compress for about a minute before I went to bed and it improved dramatically. The "swelling" went down and it too became almost flush with the skin around it; the redness was reduced as well. However, today at work I went to the bathroom to check on it and found a dried, clear layer of pus (or something like) covering it. I removed the dried layer gently and now the bump looks like the other razor rash spots I have in the area.

Is this the life cycle of an ingrown hair? Or a particularly bad razor bump? How should I treat it? Thank you!
Cancel
1 Answers
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1318465 tn?1340571541
Hi

I don't know the life cycle of an ingrown hair (that wasn't in the book), neither was the cycle of a razor bump.  

You asked how should you treat it?   Leave it alone.  
Comment
Cancel
1318465 tn?1340571541
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
feelingundone