Irritation?
Hello Doctor, I have a question in regards to genital herpes. About 4 months ago I had about 3 red spots on the shaft of my penis, they were not painful nor did they caused itching. After applying hydrocortisone cream for about a week they went away and never came back. The first time I noticed the spots were after masturbation and prior to that I was sexually involved with a female a few times with protection.
Should I be concerned that those spots were herpes related?
Thank you in advance.
It doesn't sound like herpes.  Herpes usually would progress to pimples or open sores, and generally are somewhat painful.  If the spots come back, definitely see a health care provider right away (within 1-2 days), and don't use hydrocortisone.  If they don't appear again, don't worry about it.

Regards--  HHH, MD