STDs Community
Irritation
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Irritation

Ok I'm 20 years old soon to be 21. I recently had my appendix removed or what was left (it burst) and yesterday (April 15, 2008) while showering I noticed that the head of my penis was sensitive. I looked and it was red just below the urethra. It doesn't burn when I urinate and I haven't had sex since my operation. the sensitivity comes and goes and is quite noticeable when its touched by my boxers. i looked today and there are a few more red, sensitive areas around the rim. i'm not sure what this could be, i know i'm std free and any help would be appreciated.  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Hi there -

You might have a mild fungal infection, which wouldn't be surprising after taking antibiotics (which I am assuming you did with the appendix surgery).

Since you should be under the care of a doc now, for follow ups, etc., just talk to your doc about it.

AJ
Blank
Did you have a catheter in your penis during the surgery. That may have given you the irritation. A quick call to your Doctor would answer that. Follow up is important. Take care.
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Oh great point, Dallas.

That is important to follow up on with your doc.

Aj
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank