Aa
A
A
Close
Irritation
Ok I'm 20 years old soon to be 21. I recently had my appendix removed or what was left (it burst) and yesterday (April 15, 2008) while showering I noticed that the head of my penis was sensitive. I looked and it was red just below the urethra. It doesn't burn when I urinate and I haven't had sex since my operation. the sensitivity comes and goes and is quite noticeable when its touched by my boxers. i looked today and there are a few more red, sensitive areas around the rim. i'm not sure what this could be, i know i'm std free and any help would be appreciated.  
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
207091 tn?1337713093
Hi there -

You might have a mild fungal infection, which wouldn't be surprising after taking antibiotics (which I am assuming you did with the appendix surgery).

Since you should be under the care of a doc now, for follow ups, etc., just talk to your doc about it.

AJ
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Did you have a catheter in your penis during the surgery. That may have given you the irritation. A quick call to your Doctor would answer that. Follow up is important. Take care.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
207091 tn?1337713093
Oh great point, Dallas.

That is important to follow up on with your doc.

Aj
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
Top STDs Answerers
Blank
Fleetwood20