STDs Community
Is analingus safe?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is analingus safe?

Is analingus safe?

Is it safe to do anal licking for my gf. When can i do that....

Or should i not do anything with her anal opening?

pls answer me soon
Hi there -

Analingus is as safe as oral sex is.  If someone has an std anally, you could get that in your mouth, and the most common oral infections are gonorrhea and syphilis.

There is a slight possibility that you could get Hepatitis A this way, but its not likely.

Its fine to do this if someone is clear of stds, and hep a, and has showered or cleaned the area.  If the area hasn't been cleaned, then there might be a possibility of an e coli infection.

AJ