STDs Community
Is getting Trich from non-sexual contact possible? What percentage chan...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is getting Trich from non-sexual contact possible? What percentage chance?

I tested positive for Trich (and have been treated) but my only sexual partner, my husband, claims he has not cheated. He claims to have gotten it from a wet towel at a spa. Is this possible? How likely is this to have happened? I have seen conflicting reports on the web. Some say there is a small chance Trich can be passed this way because it can live outside the body on a wet surface for a small amount of time. My husband has since been treated with medication.
While it is possible there is no way to say how likely it would be. And Trich alone does not indicate that someone cheated.

This is something you almost have to just say oh well and move on. Unless you suspect your husband of cheating then this might be an indication of it.
I'm not at home to post the link I have book marked that I like but if you search in the std experts forum under the past posts for posts about trich, you'll see there are a lot of false positives in women due to other types of trich infections from our bowels that are not the std related trich.  

was your husband tested for trich too or just treated because you tested + for it?

grace
Could you post the link about the ways women can get trich, because i just got it and my b/f said he never cheated... but it took forever for my dr to figure out what it was.. so any info would help me understand better..
start a thread dedicated to your question and it will be answered.