STDs Community
Is it UTI or Gonorrhea?

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Is it UTI or Gonorrhea?

Okay, So I'm 16. And I had sex with my boyfriend like a week ago. And today I have been peeing constantly and some blood has been coming out and it is slightly painful. I looked up information on it and I think it may be UTI, but they say gonorrhea has some of the same symptoms. Me and my boyfriend talked about our previous sex partners(Mine was a year ago and I had been his first and he had been my first. And his was with two girls and he had been both of their first ones) So I'm pretty sure we're both clear for not having anything. We did use a condom and did take safety precautions. So I was wondering what you think the chances are that I have gonorrhea? I wouldn't be wondering this if it weren't for the fact that I had sex.
Sounds to me that you contracted a UTI. Most likely a kidney infection now due to the blood in your urine. I've had a few kidney infections and when I first started having sex I was getting UTIs all the time because of the bacteria from my boyfriends bacteria around his external genitalia (which is completely normal). Does it feel like you have to keep peeing when you're done but nothing if barely anything comes out? When you're done on the toilet, does it feel as if your bladder is still full and you have pressure and pain in your bladder? Did you pee right after sex? You should pee right after sex to clear your urinary tract from any harmful bacteria.

Drink lots of fluids like water and cranberry juice. Cranberry juice is full of antioxidants to help your UT.

My recommendation is to go to the doctor as soon as possible because of the blood in your urine. That is not normal! It is very crucial that you get things checked out ASAP because once a bacterial infection hits your kidneys, you can eventually get an even worse infection in your blood called sepsis which can be fatal. You need to get antibiotics for this. Once things become way worse, you could become hospitalized.

Sounds like you used GREAT protection this time and in the past. Gonorrhea can really only be passed from fluids. So I wouldn't worry much since you used condoms. But call your doc in the next couple hours at the most dear!

Good luck and I wish you the best!

-DanniBee