Is it gonorrhea/chlamydia or herpes?
Okay. Well I recently had a new beau about a week ago and then next day it would sting to pee. I didn't think much of it because it's happened before and i thought maybe I just accidentally got soap down there again. Fast forward maybe three days later, I started having pelvic pain, still having painful urination, I had a fever and a headache and I went to the hospital. The doctor said I might have cervicitis and probably gonorrhea and or chlamydia. My partner is either asymptomatic or I had it and didn't know until after him but he's going to get tested as well. I get my results this Friday. But my concern is I have sores around my vagina that are multiplying. I didn't have so many before, actually when I went to the hospital I had one and a painful lump where the others are now. Now that i'm taking the doxycycline it does not hurt so much but I'm wondering if I could be infected with another std, like herpes which is my main concern since it is not curable, other than gonorrhea or chlamydia. The sores are flat, yellow in the middle, and has a red outer ring. What could it be? Is gonorrhea/chlamydia associated with lesions as well?
Hi, no std symptoms happen the next day and not likely even 3 days but average takes about 5 to have urethra irritation. Also with the irritation would be a white puss discharge if this was Gono or Chlamydia as is an interior infection.
Topical issues like your having would not be related to gono or chlamydia as these would be more of a urethra issue or vaginal with white/green discharge.
Topical sores could be attributed to herpes and you have had some classic with the flu type symptoms but the only thing that negates herpes with your sores is the yellow puss filled center as herpes would be clear liquid filled, blister or razor type cuts and painful.

You may have a fungal infection. Do follow up with your doc.
I do have a discharge that is yellow in color. And when you say razor type cuts, what does that mean?
Also, thank you. I plan to tomorrow when I get my results to be seen again to see what it is. I'm just scared they'll throw it off as herpes since I have the symptoms of an STD.
Vaginal discharge can be yellow even with a simple yeast infection but if the yellow is coming from your urethra that would be considered in line with a std infection. Razor means a small cut
The discharge is definitely coming from my vagina.
Also the sores are like cuts...like flat cuts but the colors I explained..but I never had a blister before any of them.
Often sores develop with a yeast infection. If you did not have this when you saw the doctor then you need to go back and see whats causing the yellow discharge.
When I went to the doctor I had the yellow discharge, he took samples from my cervix and sent it into the lab, he also did a pelvic exam, and his exact words to me was "It looks like it could be either gonorrhea or chlamydia, but you do have cervicitis but luckily it hasn't progressed into PID just yet" At that time I had one sore but I just thought it was an ingrown hair because hair was inside of it at that time so I didn't mention it...now it's multiplied and it looks like its slowly traveling to the other side and into my vagina. So I've looked at pictures and researched herpes for days now and my sores look similar to some pictures but they never started out as blisters. I know I cant get the right medical diagnosis on the internet but I've read too many stories of doctors saying it's herpes when it isn't.
I will say one thing. i would rule out Gono for the vaginal discharge as your b/f would not be asymptomatic with this unless he was exposed about 2 days prior to being intimate with you. When men get gono there is a big time white puss urethra discharge and terrible burning while urinating. Chlamydia is more softer and its often just an itching inside the urethra.
If the sores are spreading, i would be more inclined to feel its related to a yeast infection than herpes. First time herpes outbreaks can appear on both sides of your vagina but it would not appear as spreading like you describe.
When a person has a herpes outbreak, the first sore pops open with clear fluid and spread the virus to the immediate surrounding area.

Do follow up with your doctor.
I don't have a primary physician but I did go back to the hospital today. And of course, he looked down there, literally just looked, and gave me acyclovir for herpes and also another medication for bacterial vaginosis. It may just be a preventative measure but I suppose I will go and pay out of pocket to a gynecologist whom I trust. Thanks for everything and I'll keep you posted in case someone else reads this with the same problems haha.