STDs Community
Is it possible to be have unprotected sex with a person who has STD and...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is it possible to be have unprotected sex with a person who has STD and not be infected?

Would like to know if it is possible to not catch STD despite having unprotected sex with someone who has infection?

Is there anyone out there who has experienced having a partner who has an STD, but still hasnt caught it from the partner despite unprotected sex?

The answer to your questions is yes.  

Having unprotected sex (with an infected person) doesn't mean you are going to get infected; but you are putting yourself at high risk.   If one continues to have sex (unprotected) with an infected person chances are the STD negative person will become infected.  Most STDs are more easily transmitted than others.  

People who are getting infected with STDs are people whose partner is unaware of their status (if they know they had an STD they would be treated for it), in cases like herpes not all sexual acts lead to infection.  
Thanks for the response JessyJames2010.

I had an unprotected sex encounter a month ago with a CSW. I've tested for chlamydia (urethral swab), urine testing, Gram Stain, VDRL on the 4th week. Results came negative.
There are no visible symptoms that i can observe in my penis except for some patches of discoloration on the glans (glands). It is not itchy nor painful. I observed it to be darker in the previous weeks and seems to be getting lighter. Would you have an idea on what is it? Or is discoloration normal?

Also, since i've taken those tests already, would you suggest me to take another round of tests? and when?

Also, what other tests should i take to ensure that im cleared from everything?

Would really appreciate your input.

Thanks a lot.
HI

discoloration has nothing to do with any STD, unless the discolorations start to form into bumps and then blisters.

Though VDRL test is conclusive at 8 weeks, I would take the one month negative and forget about syphilis.

Other tests you should consider taking:
HIV, Hep B, and Herpes (antibody igG HSV-2) in 2 months.
HIV, Hep B, and Herpes at two months would be conclusive?
FOR YOU,  yes.  

(your encounter was a month ago)