STDs Community
Is it possible to test negative for gonorrhea, be treated for it, and s...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is it possible to test negative for gonorrhea, be treated for it, and still have it?

My husband has been having symptoms recently including: testicle pain, epidydimus(sp?) pain, painful urination, and discharge. I know all of that screams STD, but here is the deal. He has been tested 3 different times by general practice doctors and once by a urologist.  All of the times he has come back NEGATIVE for STDs.  Even so they have treated him with antibiotics for some indeterminate bacterial infection.  Here is my question.  Given all of the tests were negative and he has been treated for it anyway, is there a snowball's chance in Hell that he has/had gonorrhea?  He is convinced that he does.  I have resisted getting tested myself because the tests keep coming back negative(and pelvics aren't my idea of a fun time.) Is it possible we are passing some bacterial infection of another sort back and forth?  PS I am going in for a pelvic.
Unless somehow he messed up the test he does not have gonorrhea.