STDs Community
Is my Mycoplasma cured?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is my Mycoplasma cured?

I am 28 years old, male.  Had protected sex two and half months ago, and about a month ago, I started to notice white secretion coming out from the tip of my penis, so I was lab-test for HIV, Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Mycoplasma... only Mycoplasma was positive.  I took Mino for two weeks, after that I waited 5 days or so and got tested again, this time Negative for mycoplasma.  But still, I can sometimes see very little secretions if I squeeze all the way from the root to the tip of my penis (the reason I did not wait longer for second test is because I thought I still had the symptoms and therefore should have an sufficient organism counts to test for), I went to another doctor who ordered gonorrhea, chlamydia again, and prescribed Erythromycin (he did not order another Mycoplasma test), I took the med for three days and the lab result came back all negative so I stop taking the Erythromycin, the doctor said I dont have STD and it could be a prostate problem... now it has been almost a week since then, I noticed that I have more-than-usual clear-color secretion (the secretion is sticky) if I squeeze my penis about 5-10 minutes after ejaculation and pee (I usually pee after ejaculation, and I had no sexual encounters, only masturbation these entire time).  One more thing thats out of the ordinary, I can squeeze out quite an amount of urine hours after I pee, and if I had squeezed all the left-over urine out, I wont be able to squeeze out any secretion until next time I urinate... question is, could the negative mycoplasma result (the one after mino medication) be wrong - that I actually still have mycoplasma? should I get another mycoplasma test done? when? do I need to worry about any other STD (or non-STD) conditions other than gonorrhea and chlamydia for the current symptoms that I have? Do I need to have my prostate checked? could once/2-3 days masturbation compromise the medication effect of antibiotics?
and one more question:  If one does not have any sexual encounter, would mycoplasma resurface after it was properly tested negative?
Hello.

Please stop milking your penis like the way you are describing, of course stuff will come out of it when you do that!

"could the negative mycoplasma result (the one after mino medication) be wrong - that I actually still have mycoplasma? "
IT IS UNLIKELY.

"should I get another mycoplasma test done? when?"
IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, I DON'T THINK YOU HAVE MYCOPLASMA ANYMORE, BUT YOU SHOULD RE-TEST IN ONE MONTH FROM THE LAST TIME YOU TOOK ANTIBIOTICS.  

" do I need to worry about any other STD (or non-STD) conditions other than gonorrhea and chlamydia for the current symptoms that I have? "
NO.

"Do I need to have my prostate checked? "
TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THAT.

"could once/2-3 days masturbation compromise the medication effect of antibiotics?"
NO

Oh and by the way, I doubt you caught mycoplasma from your encounter two and half months ago, of which  you describe as having PROTECTED  sex.
Thanks for the quick response.

Do you mean I caught mycoplasma from other sources? But I actually had a pretty thorough STD exam about half a year ago and everything including mycoplasma came back negative, and after that the protected sex was the only sexual encounter that I had.  Anyway, I too, was quite surprised to learn that I contracted mycoplasma using a condom...

I am comforted by your reassurance, I was very worried because many online posts suggest that mycoplasma relapse very often...  I will make an appointment in a few weeks to be re-tested.