STDs Community
Is there anywhere you can go for testing without giving your insurance ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Is there anywhere you can go for testing without giving your insurance information?

I was raped about a month ago and the whole experience was very traumatic as I was a virgin before then. My parents are STRICT in their faith and wouldn't understand me wanting to be 'checked out' even though it was against my will. I noticed two red bumps with white heads in my pubic area and want to make sure everything is okay without it showing up on my insurance. Any ideas?
As a former rape victim, it is important for me to let you know you are not alone. PLEASE be honest when you go to the doctor -- I HIGHLY recommend Planned Parenthood, who are very understanding and mostly women and can help you pay on a sliding scale. I am assuming you are young. I wish you could talk to your parents. I was 17 and I waited 10 years to tell my mom. I still needed counseling.

PLEASE look up Planned Parenthood -- or RAINN, which was founded by Tori Amos for rape victims. Both are confidential, and free, to call their support lines. RAIN can give you information on confidential testing places, too.

Your health and mental health are important, and you deserve to feel safe in terms of your health as well as your sanity. You DON"T have to go through anything alone, and your parents don't have to be involved.