STDs Expert Forum
Is this Genital Herpes?! (pics included)

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

I had this really bad itch (it felt as if my entire scrotum was itchy). It lasted for 2 days. During those 2 days i kept on scratching/rubbing/tugging wthrough the underpants and stuff until the 2nd day i felt a "pressure" on the spot where he itch originated. When I looked at it( underside of the scrotum) it looked like a really bad friction burn where the skin has been rubbed off. (fig 1) After that the itch subsided to only minor itcheness. it took i think overnght for it to start to heal. It felt as though new skin was growing over it the following day.

After that that area just turned red without signs of the wound with a red lump on the center. No sensations on it. but a week later that part only started itching (maybe because of rubbing? - That area seems to be itch when it is touched) so rubbed it again. I think  skin particles came of during that. So wound returned. And I put alcohol on it. (wong move) It stung but wasn't painful. (fig 2 and 3)

Could this be herpes? Thinking though that the location seems to be odd since its on the underside of the scrotum. You would have to pull up the scrotum to see the wound. If its not herpes what could it be?

Sorry for the bad photography kinda hard to take shots. btw the wound is around half a cm in diameter.

fig 1 http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2194/1569944586_e58a41c4e7_o.jpg
fig 2 http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2239/1569944602_8941e30cdf_o.jpg
fig 3 http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2053/1569944610_d6b8048720_o.jpg

Not being a dermatologist, I don't look at posted photos of skin lesions.  But from your description alone, herpes is very unlikely.  Ninety percent of the time, the obvious cause is in fact the explanation--in this case, that you traumatized the skin by aggressive scratching.  Even if there had been a herpes lesion there to start, the abrasion from scratching would have obliterated any chance of making an accurate visual diagosis.  You could try posting your photos for Dr. Rockoff on the MedHelp Dermatology forum.  But most likely he is going to agree with what I have said.

Regards--  HHH, MD
I know the Doc never looks at pictures and I am no Doctor but that doesn't look like herpes at all.
Thanks doc and thanks slacker101 thats very reassuring.
help me pls... i just have my last intercourse last week,, and now i feel like burning sensation on my urination,,, whats that mean?
See a health care provider right away.