STDs Expert Forum
Is this Herpes or Dry Skin, please help!

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Me=26 yr. old male, received oral sex from female 3 weeks ao.  No STD signs after the incident.  She did cut the head of my penis during this act with her teeth. About 4 days after the oral sex, I masturbated in the shower and it felt dry. Every day since I had this contact with the girl, I have been examining my genital area (with my hands) out of paranoia, looking for any changes.  I will touch the skin, pull or stretch it one way and then the other looking for something, anything! About 4 days after I masturbated, I noticed a red spot on the stop of my penis on the “bunched up” foreskin.  It didnt hurt, had no head on it, and I really couldnt tell if it was a zit, dry skin (from the rubbing/masturbation), or what it was!  I put lotion on this area (assuming it was dry skin), and tryed to forget about it for the next few days.  This red spot is the size of an average zit ontop of my penis right ontop of the foreskin.  The redness seemed to dissapear after a few days, but then I examined myself again and noticed that the red dot was back.  I should also mention that it appears when I wear tight underwear and I sweat a lot or get hot.  I had to wear the same under wear for 24 hours, sweating, sitting in the same seat because this occurred on a trip I took and we had to drive back in a crammed vehicle. I thought I had another on the shaft of my penis closer to the base, but it left after a day or two.  It almost looked like a bug bite, but then disappeared. I dont get any pain from it, and am just worried as to what it might be.  Did an STD test, all Negative. Ive also tried cortizone and Neosporin cream.  Please help, what is this?  I havnt masturbated or had any sexual contact since this incident because I want to wait and see if it will heal.  I have been washing my penis in the shower with soap (the only soap that I can use on my body at all because I am allergic to most soaps).  I take two showers a day, am I drying out my skin or what?  
Addressing the title of your question first, this is not genital herpes.  The appearance you describe is not consistent with herpes nor is the way it has come and gone.

So, what could it be?  Fungal infections can appear as red spots of the sort you describe however most of them get better with neosporin and it is not clear to  me that that is happening for you.  It is hard to say what else it might be but the most important message that I can give you is that it is almost certainly not an STD nor is it  anything serious.  As far as what it might be, the best way to address this is for you to go and see a doctor who can examine you and comment.

Hope this comments helps.  EWH