Is this bump herpes?
First and foremost I just wanted to thank you doctor for taking the time to read and answer my question.

Approximately one week ago I developed one pimple-like bump on the outer labia of my vagina that was approximately a little bit smaller than a pencil eraser.  This occurred after treatment for a yeast infection.  A few days later the bump appeared to develop a white head very similar to a pimple.  I proceeded to pop this bump and it behaved just like a popped pimple with white pus and small traces of blood.  The bump then appeared to flatten and shrivel slightly.  A small white head reappeared on this bump, which I popped again.  The bump does not have any pain associated with it, but it does have some slight discomfort when my pants rub against it.  I continued to mess with the bump and it now appears as a very pink/red slighty raised bump.  It does not appear to look like an ulcer.  I am very scared that this may be herpes because I know that you may have only one sore as a symptom of herpes.  I also shave so I did not know if this could be a reason as to why the bump appeared.  I am sexually active, but have not had unprotected sex in a year and have had no other symptoms prior to this incident.
This doesn't sound like herpes; more likely just a pimple.  Herpes lesions are superficial; even when they evolve from blister to "pustule" (pimple-like), they are more or less on the surface of the skin, usually without the firm bump that you feel with a pimple.  Pimples are more in the skin than on top of it.

That said, no online doc can be certain, and I'm not attempting to make a specific diagnosis.  But you can resolve the herpes question very easily:  see a healthcare provider and have a type-specific blood test for HSV-2, such as the HerpeSelect test.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I have this very same problem. But I have two small bumps. The first one went away after putting neosporin on it, but it did have puss in it as well as a small trace of blood. If i squeez these bumps i feel a firm lump but i am not sure what is going on because they have been there for some weeks now. Do You this this might be herpes?
I have a similar problem recognizing an OB. The difference is I had a first OB and it's been recognized to be HSV, 2 months ago. Now on the top of my penis I have developed a small wound, that came out of a region that first got red and was hitching, starting approximately 3 weeks ago. I went to a dermatologist and he said it's not a second outbreak, just a wound... In my experience with wounds on that area it sounds a bit strange that there's no connection at all with my newly diagnosed HSV, also because it's itching sometimes, it's lasting for quite a long time and it came out from a region that first became red, itchy and hipersensitive... My question is, is it possible that the dermatologist was wrong? is it easy for a specialist to recognize a sore or it could be an error (he didn't analyze the sore for a long time but he seemed quite sure about it)

Thank you for the help
Regards