STDs Expert Forum
Is this std

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Is this std

Hi i hae slight more discharge but not enough to wet pants much   whitey yellowish   had pain in right lower abdomen not smelly discharge and feeling sick    could this be an std??? or nothing to worry
Welcome to the forum.

You don't say your sex, but I believe you are a woman and you're speaking of vaginal discharge, correct?  There are many causes of the symptoms you describe, but an STD like gonorrhea or chlamydia is a definite possibility if you have been at risk for STDs -- e.g. multiple partners, new partner recently, or if you have a partner who might have been having sex with other people.  With the lower abdominal pain, I'm concerned your infection could be advanced -- you might have pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), i.e. and infection in your fallopian tubes.

This may be an urgent situation; you should see a doctor or clinic ASAP, preferably today.  If you have a regular reproductive health care provider, see him or her right away; if not, your local health department STD clinic or a nearby Planned Parenthood clinic would be excellent choices.

Please return with a follow-up comment after you have been examined and let me know how this turns out.

Regards--   HHH, MD  
I just looked at your profile; you are indeed female and I see you're in the UK.  Either see your GP or ObG provider right away -- or for guaranteed expert care, your nearest NHS GUM clinic.
Hi thanks for your help.  I saw my gpo but they thought also appendix   my pain less today and discharge is not enough to wet pants    and not smelly    would this still be a symptom of an std?????
Alaos if this was a new infection,,    would i hae abdominal pains or would it be more long term to hae pains like that
Also i was in hospital in september.  with suspected appendix.   They ultrasounded me and saw nothing    except lesions on fallopian tubes.   Also took fulll blood count.  nothing was found.  If i had infection of any sort would my white blood cells show up????????   They were normal .   All urine tests normal.    If i had an std  would there be something showing like im fighting infection??????  
Can you help me further for now doctor??
The only thing I can add is that if you are sexually active, you need to make sure your GP (and/or other doctors) knows it and ask whether they have checked you for STDs.  It's easy to confuse PID and appendicitis, especially if the doctor doesn't think the woman is sexuallya active.  So for sure discuss this with your doctor.

Otherewise, this is too complex for a distant online expert; and this forum deals only with STDs.  You'll have to continue to work with your own doctors -- and don't hold back any information from them.
Hi  there  I am still awaiting my tests but so far it may be another gynae problem.  Although i hae one question to ask   The person i hhad thre condom split with suffered glandular feer four years agoo and he  from thast got meningitis and failure of the lier and got jaundice.  Does this mean he had Hepititis (hepatitis) and could still hae????  If so am I at risk

Please reply Thanks
So what I mean is.. he was admitted with glandular feer. ( sorry the button between c and b on my keyboard is not working!!)      

He was admitted with glandular fr.   from that he had meningitis, his spleen ruptured and he had jaundice due to lier failure.  Would that be hepititis (hepatitis)    or is that different,,,,????   is lier feilure due to glandular feer hepititis (hepatitis)??  thats what im asking!!!

Also , would hep b show up in a laboratory urine sample that was just a general check not specifically looking for hep b just an all round check??m  or at least of not hep b  would it show if my body was in some sort of infection??
Your partner's glandular fever (called infectious mononucleosis in North America) with hepatitis and meningitis almost certainly has nothing at all to do with your current illness.

As I said above, this forum really can't help you further.  Like all your other questions and concerns, these are best addressed with the doctor(s) providing your direct health care for this problem.
Hi there i dont think my last posyt went on right,,,,,,  just to say all my std tests came back negatie...  chlaymidia - neg    gornorreia - neg   hep b - neg   c blood count - normal.  urine - normal,    I hae one more test to do the rna pcr multiplex test for hi infectioon.  Can you ad me on the reliability of this test is it a conclusie test as im owrried about the false pos results???  I wondered if you could conform how reliable this test is??
Also if the rest of my std tests are clear would you reckon hi will be likely to be clear??

Thank you
False positive HIV PCR results are rare.  Your negative result will be reliable.  As for other STDs, you already are in the clear.  See paragraph 2 of my last reply.  This thread is closed.