STDs Community
Itching inside tip of Penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Itching inside tip of Penis

I am 26 years old male and quite a few times I feel itching inside the tube of my penis (location-wise, it's just on the bottom of tip but inside, not outside) which lasts few hours. I need to pee to counter the itching for few seconds.  
Here is the history of my problem:

I first experienced this problem 8 years ago.
Then, I experienced this problem again, around 2 years ago.
Then, 6 months ago.
Then, 3 months ago.
Then 1 month ago.
Then, today.

I am have been having unprotected sex with my girlfriend from past 4 years but she is fairly reliable. We have not had any partners before.

My GP today has advised me to go and see STD clinic but I am not convinced as the first time I had noticed this problem was 8 years ago and I was virgin then. Do you not think that I should go and see urologist?

Around 11 years ago, I had fallen down from my bike and my testicals had swollen but it settled down with time and the doctor then had done few checks and given the green signal.
Could the recent problem be due to above incident which happened 11 years ago?

I do not see any discharge and / or pain on base of my panis or anywhere else, its just inside the tip.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Hits

If it is the same thing as you had 8 years ago then it is not a STD. I would see a uriologist to be safe.
Thanks mate!

I talked to a person in STD deptt and he said if it's itching then it's STD. How can he be so sure!!!

Can itching happen due to non-STD reasons too? What cases, if yes?

Thanks again!

Itching can be many different things, UTI, irritation and others.
It's never a bad idea to test for STD's but from everything you have said I would doubt that it is an STD.
Thank you!

But one more query:

I went and saw sexual clinit today, they took my blood, sperm, and urine samples and asked me to wait for a while. In next 10 minutes they were up with result that I have NSU. I learnt what NSU is on internet.

But, I am not satisfied with the medicine they have provided, this is what I got from them:

1. Doxycycline
2. Metronidazole

I am okay with Doxycycline but do not understand why they have provided me Metronidazole as this is only provided in "re-treatment", and mine was "first" visit to the clinic.

Any views on this?

TIA,
Hits
They gave you the metronidazole in case your NSU is being caused by trich, I would guess.  Its hard to find in testing for men, so they might be just treating you in case.

Aj