STDs Community
Itchy, red spots on head of penis. STD Or what?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hello, I am an 18 year old male, I am a virgin, I have never penetrated a woman before, though I have pleasured one orally, and on a separate occasion (roughly over five months ago) a friend of mine performed fellatio on me.

Just this morning (June 13, 2010) I woke up to find the head and the shaft immediately below the head was very itchy. Upon further investigation roughly an hour later I found there to be a spot roughly the size of a small pimple on the head of my penis, I inspected it further and found there were a series of smaller bumps surrounding it. The bump is slightly red in color, probably more pink than red, and has a head similar to a busted pimple, with pus coming out of it. It has seemingly scabbed over a couple times but to no effect. The head itches somewhat on the left side, and on the shaft it also itches solely on the left side, there are also some other small red areas on the shaft just below the head. It doesn't seem to itch below this line on it from where I was circumcised (roughly an inch down). The bumps also are not very red compared to the head, in fact they're almost the same color, only slightly more red, they're domed and very smooth on the top. They are not dry and do not have a border.

I am very nervous that this may be herpes, I've looked up the symptoms and I don't seem to have any of them minus the obvious bumps. I feel perfectly fine, no fever, nothing. Just an itchy member that currently looks like a pimply teenager. I plan to wait a couple days before I go see a doctor, and try whatever medications I have on hand. If it's not an STD could anyone be so kind as to give me an idea as to what it is?

Thanks.
Okay, I almost had a same problem there, except I didn't have a pus coming out of the spot or more of a red bump. Let me ask you though, man to man, if you're spending more time self loading, (e.g. masturbating at least 3 or more times a day) then you might be experiencing a mild irritation because the skin on the penis is really sensitive, so you can't really say for sure it's herpes. And herpes doesn't show up 5 months after the outbreak; it occurs after 4-12 days at most, as far as I know. I pretty much had my girlfriend perform fellatio on me as well, and I found that bump after 2 weeks, but then it went away within 2 weeks, and then came back up, and went off again in 4 days or so after applying dermatitis cream because some of my friends said it would be just a mild irritation. Don't freak out yet, but at the same time, be on your toes because it's better safe than to be sorry. It would be a little embarrassing to tell your doctor about this but if it's becoming a serious problem, see him and get the right treatment if possible. And as for the other "bumps" you were talking about, I think you're talking about these little pearly papules that grow just beneath your penis head. Most men have that and the reason for having them are unknown but unless they become a blister or an ulcer, then it's completely harmless. So don't mess around with your penis for you might make a little problem much worse. Anyway, if you wish, then we both could work on a research project based on these problems, just to see whether it's really an STD or not. Trust me, I had the same type of freaking out feeling, pretty much till now. Don't worry too much yet.
If you've never had vaginal/anal insertive (in your case protected or unprotected intercourse) with your penis on another person then you shouldn't be  worried about ANY STD's.    Sounds like this describe you, so you shouldn't worry. We can't say what the "spot roughly the size of a small pimple"  is.  It probably is a pimple.  Its not an STD for sure.  Just wash your hands before you masturbrate or touch down there.  If you ever decide to have vaginal sex/anal sex in the future please, PLEASE be safe, wear a condom and be smart about who you are having sex with, I would adivse you to say a vigin as long as you possibily can, trust me your not missing out on anything..

If the itching continues have a doctor or better yet a dermatologist look at it.  
Hepes doesn't require Vaginal inertive sex, just genital-gential contact or skin-skin so if the ichy bumps don't turn into painful blisters or lessions then you have nothing to worry about; I bet you anything its probably nothing but a bad luck of a pimple on the wrong place.  

Stay safe my friend.
Thanks for the help guys. I realize it sounds kind of stupid worrying about an STD when you're a virgin, but the thing I was worrying about was the fellatio. I understand now that it is a low risk factor but that doesn't stop me from being paranoid.

I know the bumps aren't pearly papules because they're at the top of the head and not on the lower edges, plus I already have small pearly papules down there so I know what they look like. These are actually red like a rash and they don't hurt, just itch.

But in any case, I'm not really worried anymore. They've gone down, the main bump is scabbed over. I'm guessing it was most likely a bug bite or something since I can't really see how masturbating would cause the head of my penis to become irritated, and really I only do it once a day at most (you know, for my health), sometimes skipping a day or two. If it persists or comes back for the next couple days I will go see a doctor. Thanks again.
"I know the bumps aren't pearly papules"  I agree.

"I can't really see how masturbating would cause the head of my penis to become irritated"   If you use lotions maybe your allergic to them, know what you are and are not allergic to.  

Wash your hands before masterbrating --that's a no brainer but sometimes we need to hear this.  

Glad to hear your doing better.
Stay safe.
I've got a similar issue, and yet different.  I have a small slightly red and slightly itchy spot on the underside of the head of my penis.  It's a few millimeters from the urethra.  It itches slightly, and I notice very slight irritation when I urinate, but do not see any issues inside my urethra opening.

I first noticed this 2 weeks ago.  I woke up one morning and realized a tingling down there that I was scratching at.  I looked at it, and there was a small raised area as described above.  During the two weeks, the sore came to a scab (sort of a triangular shape, not round like a pimple) then the scab eventually came off.  However the area is still slightly itchy and slightly irritated.  Now today, I notice a second issue... and slightly itchy lump an inch or so down on the underside of my penis.  This one is about 1/2 -1 inch across, slightly red and raised/swollen a little.  I'm starting to get concerned that this is not going away and could be getting worse instead.

When the first sore was noticed, I wondered if a bug had bitten me while sleeping.  Later in the day, I remembered I'd masturbated (with lotion) the day before, and wondered if perhaps I'd irritated it or made it raw.  I've since discontinued masturbating hoping it would heal up in a few days.  Now two weeks later, I'm worried.

Some background:  I've been married for 7 years, and have not had sex of any kind with anyone but my wife during the past 7 years.  My wife is pregnant, so we are having less than regular sex.  The last time we had sex was about august 15 (one month ago).  I'm certain my wife has not had intercourse with anyone else.

What could this be?  What can I do?  I don't *think* it could be an std, because my symptoms don't seem to match any I've read about.  

I could ask my doctor, but I really don't like my doctor or feel comfortable with him.  I will if it gets much worse I suppose.  I haven't told my wife because I don't know how she'll react.  she's pregnant, hormonal, and sensitive and I don't want to her to jump to conclusions that aren't true.  Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

Guys I'm a bit worried I don't know what I have or what could have caused it. At around midnight I had this strong itchy feeling on the shaft at first I thought nothing of it but within an hour a large amount of raised itchy bums started to appear I am a virgin but I read entry had a cold sore and it's just getting away I went to the doctor to see if it could be genital herpes but the doctor is not to sure it's extremly itchy and the more I scratch it the itchier it gets it looks like a really bad rash I wanted to get a guys opinion on what it could be and any realy good anti itch creams