STDs Community
Itchy Testicles

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Itchy Testicles

About six months ago I had a one night stand with a young lady I met in a bar. Being a sensible sort of chap I wore a condom when we had intercourse. The light was also on when we had sex and she was mostly shaved around her vagina, consequently it was quite obvious to me at the time that there was nothing untoward down there that might cause me any alarm, i.e. sores, blisters etc. So basically, she appeared perfectly healthy and we practiced totally safe sex.

However, the next day my left testicle started to itch, and then not long after that my right testicle, mainly around the side near my legs. I feel that it was more than a coincidence that this started to happen immediately after I'd had sex with this girl. The itching itself comes and goes, but it has always been in the same place and usually occurs for at least a few minutes now and again throughout most days since it started.

After a few weeks of the problem starting and having no success with anti-septic cream, anti-fungal cream, dermatological cream and anti-thrush cream, I went to my local sexual health clinic. They tested me for everything (including HIV and a herpes blood test), and it all came back negative. As the only symptoms are itching, with no visible signs of a problem on the scrotum, I have basically been told I'm perfectly healthy and there's nothing wrong with me.

However, I know I have a problem and it's starting to drive me mad. Does anyone have any idea what this may be and how I can get it treated?
Typically itching of the testicles is due to irritation or it can be anxiety.  You have tried several creams, but I would recommend that you try Aquaphor or ointments used for diaper rash (I
I am suffering of that itchiness for around 2 months. It was the third time we had sex with my new girlfriend. Right after the sex, i learnt that she had vaginal yeast. We both used Monistat, and she had cured herself. Mine is still coming and going. I saw a doctor, she gave me another cream to use for two weeks. I used that cream regularly, but not worked. Currently, my testicles have rash, sometimes get very condensed (as small as a walnut) and very hard.

It doesnt affect all my life drastically, or hurt me, but i know that there is something going wrong over there. Do you suggest me to use Monistat again, or use another cream?

i have the same problem....very itchy and soar once i scratch so much...it seemd like it started after i had sex with a girl too ...its very itchy..sometimes i have to scratch so much it bleeds..and it started under my sac but now its making its way up farther and sometimes when i swet it can have a smell not a foul smell just a weird kind of sweaty smell ..can anyone help ?? i dont really wana go to the doc and drop my pantss i have digninty and i kinda find showing my dink to another man abit weird but i will if  i have to , any suggestions ?

thx mike .
My scrotum is very itchy and yes has a weird smell also.  I dont know if it is a fungus or something but, i use this cream that my wife got from the philippines (Shes filipino). Its called katialis Ointment - antibacterial/antifungal cream....I can say that it doesnt get rid of this itching but i can say it give relief from it..very good relief....so it appears to go away until i need another shower....its kind of like a menthol..or something..i has this warm sensation that kind of feels hot. ( i was afraid when i first used it thinking this kind of hot feeling was going to burn me..but is doesnt and kind of feels like this feeling takes away from itching feeling that i had before. This is what is in it : Sulfur 3.00 g, Sulfur 3.00 g, Zinc Oxide 3.00 g, Resorcinol 3.00 g, and Sallcylic Acid 1.50 g. Whatever this is it works for me..and also....it has a after smell to it after you apply it...but the relief is much well worth it.
I have been reading about this and it seems to me it is incredibly similar to Scabies which is something similar to lice here is the link http://www.emedicinehealth.com/scabies/article_em.htm#Scabies%20Overview
If it was scabies, wouldnt it be spreading, and fast?
I don't believe my itch was STD,but  this is what cured it.Steroid foam from Doc. helped but would come right back.The product that I use now is non-prescription Hibiclens(chlorhexidine gluconate ) 4% ,although I dilute it to about 1%,by adding distilled water.I also switched to boxer underware to let those boys breath.The Hibiclens  does say not to use in grion area,but so did the steroid foam,I read other posts by others that use it and have no problems,neither do I (not yet anyway ) I also stopped using soap,except shampoo on the head hair.Using Hibiclens alone works best ! No odor either. Works great under armpits also eliminats odor! Kills germs ! Also got a great price on-line ($13 a gallon ( Amazon ,no name brands 2% )  Dirt cheap ! Works great. Remember "no soap","no odor" (works for me ).
I started to get this problem a few months ago. What worked for me is to wash the area with warm water, baking soda mix and then rinse with clean water. Then apply baby powder. I then apply baby powder after ever shower and in the evening before i go to bed, Problem solved over night...