STDs Expert Forum
Itchy and swollen anus possible std?
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Itchy and swollen anus possible std?

About 6 weeks ago I had protected sex and the morning after I had little red pimples scattered throughout my pubic area.  Eventually it went a way and I had sex with the same girl (protected) and these little pimples showed up on the top of my thigh which we very itchy.  About 2 weeks ago I devoped an itchy and red scrotum, itchy and swollen anus, and a rash between my scrotum and anus.  I have been nervous as hell ever since and all I do is think about it.  I can't sleep at night because it is extremely uncomfortable.  It feels the best when I am sitting so the swelling stays down.  I don't know if it is a fungus, STD, or something else.  I tryed using anusol because I thought it was hemorroids (hemorrhoids) but that didn't work.  I have also used hydrocortisone to help with the itching but it won't go away.  Please help!
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
Prominently itching spots in the genital area raises several possibilities, including jock itch, yeast infection, scabies, crab lice, allergic reaction, and others.  But unlikely to be herpes, syphilis, or other classical STDs.  If it's a fungal (yeast) infection or jock itch, the hydrocortisone will make it worse.

Bottom line:  Stop trying to guess and to get a diagnosis on line; see a health care provider.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
3 Comments
Blank
Thanks so much for replying quickly!  The itchy scrotum has gotten a bit better but my concern now is with the swollen and itchy anus that is just unberable.  I haven't been able to sleep well for weeks.  Could this be something that has spread to the anus?  Could this be a result of super stress?  I have hemmorhoids before but they usally go away.  Thanks again for your time!
Blank
239123_tn?1267651214
Pruritus ani (Latin for itchy anus) is very common, has lots of causes.  Irritation from one's own feces is one of them.  Hemorrhoids too.  And yeast infection.  Etc, etc.  STD usually isn't responsible.  Same advice:  See a HCP.

HHH, MD
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank
University of Alabama at Birmingham
MedHelp Health Answers