STDs Community
Itchy vagina and anus

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Itchy vagina and anus

Hey I really need some answers as I cant stop worrying about what I have! Basically about 2 months ago possibly longer I started to become itchy in my vagina and also when I had sex it felt irritated and burnt like hell when I went toilet after I had sex, it felt like it had swelled up and this lasted for about an hour and then went down. This lasted for around a month and it gradually disappeared apart from the itchiness which has continued...it seems to become worse at night time and just comes on and off randomly. And as for discharge it keeps changing at first it was thicker and more yellow, and then i noticed for about a week it was worse and had a fishy smell however this disappeared and now it smells more yeasty and is more clear! Also over the last week or 2 the itchiness has spread to my anus which the same as my vagina itches worse at night and is on and off. I have no lesions, bumps or rashes. Also just to add I have been checked out at the doctors for a culture test for thrush, b.v etc and these all came back NEGATIVE! and I have also been checked out at the gum clinic for STD's and again for thrush b.v etc and again all NEGATIVE! The only one I havn't been tested for is trichomoniasis, so is it possible it could be this!? Im going to get checked out again at the STD clinic just to be sure and will ask to get checked for trichomoniasis too. And if it comes back all negative I think im going to drive myself crazy!!
It could be trich, my guess would have been thrush. So if negative for trich then my advice is to keep working with your Dr's on this.
I've been having these same symptoms for a month now.  Expect I've also had swelling on the right side of my labia - to like 3X's the normal size.  It actually started out with constipation and mucus in the stool.  And at one point this month I did have a herpes 2 out break (tested positive at the doctor), but I felt worse with this out break than I did when I first got herpes (9 years ago) and usually your first outbreak is the worst. Plus I've only had herpes 2 out breaks a handful of times since I originally contracted it and they were never this bad.  When my doc diagnosed me with the breakout this time it was already healing so I didn't get any Valtrax.  But a couple of days later it felt like it had come back so I went back to the doc.  This time they didn't see the herpes but they decided I had a yeast infection and some kind of vaginal infection.  They took samples and gave me a shot of some kind of antibiotic in the butt, plus azithromax and diflucan.  I feel less foggy headed, but the itching, swelling and pain are still there - in the front and back doors.  The swelling is actually only in the vaginal area and it's not super swollen anymore either.  That only lasted for 3 days, but it is still def swollen.  I am married and haven't had sex since this started, also haven't been able to wear underwear b/c of the pain.  Just skirts and loose pants.  I've also been keeping clean and rinsing with water and Grapefruit Seed Extract 2-5 times a day.  When I thought it was yeast I was treating the itch with yogurt (which usually works but didn't this time), then moved on to garlic and apple cider vinegar.  I had to rub the slightly crushed garlic clove that had been soaking in the vinegar on my clit to get the itching to stop just so I could sleep.  I've taken benedryl tonight in hopes of getting a full night of sleep.  Even 5 straight hours would be amazing, especially with my 3 kids to take care of.  Oh, and before I forget, I was also having what felt like heart palpatations, but the ER doc said I was fine.  I've started Waiora's Natural Cellular Defense since this whole nightmare has begun and I'm hoping it will eventually start helping me out more.  
Thank you for your post :) I never actually found out what it was, I had further checks and still found nothing. I did do some research on being allergic to semen however which I feel could be a possibility. I read up on this condition, and apparently it can suddenly occur, and it describes the symptoms I was having, I think this may be my problem as I noticed with my boyfriend, whenever he ejaculated inside of me I would feel burning after, however this has slowly calmed down, which also is described under the condition. I also noticed that 4 3 or 4 days after this I will feel itchy down there, and then it will disappear and occur again if he ejaculates in me. Also if I get semen on my wrist or arm I come up in a red painful rash. Im hoping this is what I have because I have no idea what else it could be! I also thought candida could be an issue but have never looked into it, I seemed to have a lot of the symptoms for this but I don't think it can be diagnosed!

Vicky Best
I've been itching in the vagina area and the anus area. I've been on the depo six years now so no periods at first though it was a yeast infection but no discharge and doesn't itch that bad I've been with the same man for years now and am faithfull after a shower the itch goes away and it's fine until the next night what could it be I'm 27yrs old