STDs Community
Jock Itch or Herpes?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Jock Itch or Herpes?

A few years ago I had a bad case of Jock Itch and had all the symptoms of it. Skin discoloration, itchy, redness, etc. I  used a Jock Itch cream and it went away, leaving some skin discoloration behind. But since then I have had some issues with it. I get these out breaks that make me think I have Herpes. I do notice that I have out breaks when I sweat in my groin area. I only get itchy in the folds between my legs and scrotum. I also get in on my groin ( the area above my genitals) not ever on my penis or scrotum. I think get it on my groin area because I scratch it (I know I shouldn't) and I think it spread away from the skin to skin contact areas. I work on aircraft and am usually outdoors and I sweat a lot in that region. I do have a few sores that don't really blister but have a bit of liquid to them and I believe that is because I itch it raw. The sores are very few (maybe two or three) and are less than a 10th of an inch in diameter. After a few days of washing well and whatnot it goes away, but the break outs are frequent as well as my sweating. My question is what do you think this is? Is it possible that my sweating and itching cause this Jock Itch to reoccur often? Is that possible? I never have issues with my penis and it usually starts on either side where there is skin to skin contact. Some people have told me it is Herpes others have told me it was Jock Itch. I would like to think it isn't because the pain isn't high, the area infected is small, and whenever I sweat a lot it acts up. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
Well, it sounds fungal to me, but why not get a type specific IgG herpes blood test and just rule that out for your own peace of mind?

AJ