STDs Expert Forum
Keflex for STD??
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Keflex for STD??

2 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a stranger who promised me that she was up to date on her STD testing.  I performed oral sex on her, and we also had vaginal intercourse.  A few days later I developed a very sore throat and went to the doctor.  (I have had absolutely no other symptoms that seem STD related)  The doctor prescribed Keflex for my throat infection and told me it would be gone in a matter of days.  My question is:  Is it possible that my throat problem could have been an STD from performing oral sex on her or just a coincidence, and if so, is Keflex effective in treating STD's, or do I need to go get something else.  I'm very worried about this since I just started dating someone and don't want to pass anything on to her.