STDs Community
Kidney / bladder infection or possibly STI?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

For the past of couple of weeks, I have been experiencing some pain in my lower back on the right side, a low level irritation in my pelvic region and in my urethra, and some slight pain in my perineum.

The pain in my lower back has gone from mild to sometimes intense. I have noticed that if I sit for too long, the pain gets worse, although the pain has also been bad at times regardless if I am sitting down or standing up.

The irritation in my urethra and my pelvic region comes and goes. There will days in which I will not notice anything, but then I feel the irritation the next day. It is never painful, but it is certainly distressing.

The pain in my perineum can be described as pins and needles. It is not consistent. There have also been instances where I feel small, sudden pain in my penis below the glans (glands), but they go away quickly.

There is no pain if I ejaculate. However, I have sometimes noticed that that my urethra gets irritated when I start to masturbate - this has happened a couple of times. Again, no pain when I ejaculated.  

My urine comes out either clear or slightly yellow. It does not smell bad. There has been no pain when I urinate, although I have had some trouble fully passing urine  - the stream will stop but will start up again after a couple of seconds. And sometimes I have to squeeze out the last remaining drops.

There has been only one instance of clear discharge coming out from my penis. It was clear and did not have an odor. This happened about a half hour after I masturbated.

Also, about three days back, I was feeling sick - low energy, persistent need to sleep, low body temperature (97.5 F). This passed after a day.

Since the onset of these symptoms, I have been drinking as much water as I can to flush my system. I have also been drinking cranberry juice, and I have been taking pro-biotic pills. This has helped, but the problems have not completely gone away.

I suspect that this may be a kidney or bladder infection. The other possibility is that I have chlamydia from what I have read online. I have had a few partners since I last got tested, so it is possible that one of them passed something along.

I should mention I experienced similar symptoms back around October. I went to see my doctor and there was no sign of bacteria in my urine. I also did a full round of STD tests and everything came back negative. Eventually, the symptoms went away.

I have been under a lot of stress these past few months, so that may a contributing factor.

I do plan on seeing a doctor, but I am currently in between insurance plans, so that does complicate things. Any help / insight into the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Without knowing the sexual contact and protection...can't say if this might be even STD related.
I would doubt it...but more info might help.
I use condoms during intercourse, but I don't use protection for oral sex. I always check with partners about their sexual history and the last time they got tested.
Then highly doubt a STD
I think that you are right. Over the past couple of days, the symptoms have mostly gone away, save the occasional feeling of irritation, which would rule out an STD.

After doing some further research online, I am starting to think that the problem could have been bladder stones.

Thanks for your help!