STDs Community
Lapse in judgement / Open vs. Closed wound

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I was at a strip club last night and made the mistake of placing my fingers in a dancer's vagina for a few minutes.  I wanted to assess my risk for HIV/HerpesWhitlow/general STD.

Specifics are:

1. She had no visible sores/evidence of genital herpes of any kind.
2. I had no open (defined as bleeding) cuts on my fingers, but did have a small closed (non-bleeding) cut on one finger.  No evidence of blood on my finger at any point.  The cuts was recessed, so there was a cut recessed, but no bleeding.  Not sure is this counts as a open or closed wound.  Thoughts?
3. She did suck on said finger at one point.

Assumptions:

1. I think my risk of HIV is low for the reason that the very small wound appeared closed (I do not know if she is HIV+).
2. I think my risk of any other STDs is also low for same reason.
3. While she showed no noticeable signs of any herpes sores (I do not know if she is Herpes Infected) I have read that there is a small chance that you can contract herpes whitlock from genital herpes (rarely, but still) even if they are not showing symptoms.  My assumption that the herpes virus (If present) would not transfer from genital to whitlock (fingers) easily through shedding even if she had it.

With the above in mind, I will be going to the doctor to ask about this tomorrow, but:

1.  Does my wound sound open?
2.  What is the likely hood of some one catching Herpes Whitlow from a now showing person.
3.  How high should my concern level be...

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer
You never had a risk. MOVE ON.
Thanks man.  As a point of clarification,

1 an open wound is defined as bleeding and a wound if recessed but not bleeding is defined as closed, correct?
2. would you still advise me going to see a clinic doc to be sure?

Sorry to nudge.  I greatly appreciate the help.
an open wound is defined as bleeding and a wound if recessed but not bleeding is defined as closed, correct?

CORRECT.

I wouldnt advise any testing.  testing should be done on a yearly basis if sexually active, if you want to get tested just for pace of mind go ahead, but for this encounter is is not needed.
Thanks!