STDs Community
Lice/Mites/Scabies

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Lice/Mites/Scabies

Mid-September I noticed a horrible itching sensation on my left elbow.  I looked down and saw white pustular bumps.  They itched.  There may have been a total of 10 - 12 that were sporadic up and down the arm and on the elbow.  I went to two doctors, one my derm, thinking it was scabies (I had recently gone home with other people I met over the past month and had been out of town for a wedding).  Both said they did not believe it was scabies.  The dermatologist said it wasn't and said they looked like warts.  He cut one off with a razor and sent it to the labd.  The reult said it was most likely contact dermatitis from a reaction to medication or other irritant (I had strep prior to this event and was on antibiotics).  We treated it with an antibiotic cream.  In about a week, the bumps had subsided and/or went away. The elbow was clear too.

I still had and have some prink/red marks that remain for about a week and really itch.  I have about 5 - 7 of them that he had me treat with a steroid cream as well.  He did say that he thinks something may be biting me, but no clue what and did a biopsy on one of the bumps.  I will not get the results back for another 5 days.  Anyway, is it posisble it is scabies and I masked the symptoms with the creams?  Could it be bed bugs?  I have been vacuuming and cleaning daily (including the couch, bed, etc ...).  I can guess that there is maybe 1 - 2 new dots a week in that area.  I am also on crutches so it is hard to tell as some of the itching is caused from rubbing against them while walking.

I am going crazy trying to figure this out.  I just want to get to the bottom of it.  I don't see any signs of the bugs in thebed.  The couch has been thoroughly vacuumed and I have been sleeping on it with new linens evey day.  I have had a friend stay over a few times and he never gets these "bites" or marks or whatever they are.  I am scared of passing them on to my family and friends.  With the holidays coming up, I don't want to visit the family and bring unwanted guests.  Any help would be appreciated!!!
This is not STD related.