STDs Community
Light-Headed / Dizzy / Tired

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Light-Headed / Dizzy / Tired

I am a 27 year old guy from the UK.  Some 5 weeks ago I was very foolish in a drunken night abroad with work.  I ended up in a strip club/brothel weherby I received protected oral sex and had protected vaginal sex with one of the sex workers there.  However, I didn't check that the condom was fully intact afterwards (although I'm sure I would have noticed if it had split etc during the encounter).

Since then, I have been extremely worried about what I may have contracted from my night of stupidity.  The only symptoms I have are a feeling of being light-headed and dizzy.  When I try to take my mind off of it (like getting stuck into some work for instance) I don't notice the feelings so much.  However, if I am not busy or not concentrating on something, I get the feelings again.  I am unsure if this is just a guilt/anxiety feeling that I am battling to banish or if I may have picked something up off the lady that is causing this?  Iam also much more tired than I ever used to be  -  I hardly ever would need to sleep during the day and I feel like I could drop off most of the time now!

My real question is, is it common for an STD or STI to cause ONLY these symptoms?  Or, would there usually be other physical symptoms showing?  Am I causing myself to feel like this through the anxiety or do some of the common STIs/STDs tend to give only these symptoms.?  I was extremely worried for some time about HIV although reading this and other forums it would appear the chances of contracting HIV from a single encounter of vaginal sex with a known HIV positive women are extremely low.

Any advice you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance....