STDs Expert Forum
Light pain in lymph nodes all over

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Light pain in lymph nodes all over

Hello Drs.

I had posted in HIV expert forum but here I want to focus on other STDs.

5 weeks ago I was in Vietnam where I had sex with a bar girl. During sex my condom slipped to half the penis, which she noticed not me, she then rolled it back properly. We had sex for 5-10 mins. I pulled out and then we masturbated. During masturbation while I was still wearing the condom I noticed a milky liquid inside condom which made me scared as I was far from ejaculation at that point. I am not sure about the health of condom.

Until 2 weeks everything was fine, but one afternoon I got severe uncomfort in my right side of rib cage. My doctor told me it is a case of liver inflammation. I got my LFT&Ultrasound. My direct Billirubin was high. My total  Cholesterol came out 250. I sometimes feel like vomiting but it never actually happens.  I eat something and the upper part of my chest turns red and inflamate. This seems to be a case of Heartburn. This subsides after a while  but some part at the roots of chest hairs it keep red. I feel mild ticklish pain almost any time of the day in my Lymph Nodes under jaw and behind ears and right side of groin, near right nipple and right armpit. My left testicle is smaller than the right one and it pained a lot yesterday. It has been small for past some years. It pains occasionally when I drink something cold.

I got tested HIV 1/2 Combo P 24 Antigen CMIA at 17 days Non-Reactive. This time I also got tested for Hepatitis B & C. Both negative.

and then, HIV 1/2 Antibody Combo P24 Antigen CMIA test at 26 days Non-Reactive.

For once I was convinced that it relates to Gastro or other viral (may be Hepatitis), but light pains in so many lymph nodes confuses me.

Please could you help on following:

1) Is there a chance of me acquiring any STD here? I am seriously concerned about lymph nodes.

2) What is the window period for testing other STDs in case you recommend testing for an STD?

Regards
Welcome back to the Forum. the chance that this is an HIV or any other STD is quite small as Dr. Handsfield has already indicated (at least for AHIAV but truly the same can be said for other STDs. There are many illnesses which can cause lymph node swelling and these illness, many of which may also cause liver abnormalities are quite common among travelers..  Swollen lymph nodes are a non-specific response to any number of stimuli including infections due to bacteria and viruses, allergic reactions and autoimmune disease.  Of all persons with swollen lymph nodes only a tiny proportion of them have HIV or STD of any sort.   Pain may occur in lymph nodes when they have become inflamed- that is part of the inflammatory process and this tells little about what is causing the inflammation.  The proper place to get evaluated is with a good internal medicine physician and it sounds as though that evaluation may already be underway.  STDs however should not be a major concern as they are a most unlikely cause of either your liver inflammation or your lymph nodes swelling

I hope this is helpful.  EWH .
Thanks a lot Dr. EWH

Just to confirm if 'AHIAV' was a typo and you actually meant 'HIV'?

Kind Regards
Sorry, typing too fast.  I meant HIV.  EWH