STDs Expert Forum
Likelyhood of STD's from frottage.

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Likelyhood of STD's from frottage.

About 1 month ago, July 4th, I went to and exotic massage parlor and had a female make me climax by rubbing her vagina up and down my penis while I was lying on my back.  This lasted about 5-10 minutes and I was lubricated with baby oil.  Don't think that make a difference though.  I don't believe I saw any kind of sores or visible bumps while she was doing this..  My penis head may have come close to her vagina opening but there was absolutely no penetration involved.  Since then I haven't had any obvious symptoms to any kind of STD but I regret the entire situation and have been feeling heavy anxiety since then to the point of dizzyness and pains.  (I have been diagnosed with anxiety disorder in the past.)

I've looked everywhere including this site for all kinds of info in regards to what I may have put myself at risk for and continuously find conflicting statements so I decided to come here and ask the question myself.  From this encounter, what have I put myself at risk for?  I have read posts on this site that there is a theoretical risk for certain STDs and it is a low risk situation all together but how low or rare exactly?  I will be getting tested tomorrow for all STDs and once again in October mainly because I have read that HSV testing will be conclusive after 4 months.

Should I be worrying so much if I haven't seen anything yet?  Thank you.
Tags: frottage
Welcome to the forum.  Thanks for your question.

Sometimes the title of a question has most or all the information for an accurate reply.  "Likelihood of STDs from frottage"?  Before reading anything else, I would say zero or close to it.  Any symptoms probably are not due to any STD from such an exposure.

Now I have read the rest.  A more nuanced response is that there conceivably could be a chance of acquiring one of the STDs transmitted primarily by skin-to-skin contact, i.e. herpes, HPV, or syphilis.  But in nearly 4 decades in the STD business, I have never seen a case of any of these in someone who didn't have a riskier exposure, i.e. penetrating intercourse.  So for practical purposes, you can consider this exposure to have been risk-free.

I don't recommend HSV testing even after unprotected sex.  It's not a wise thing for you to do; the tests just aren't good enough, and a positive result would not be reliable and would not indicate infection from this event.  And I certainly see no need for testing for anything else either.

Myt advice is that you take pride in having safe sex (no penetration), secure in the knowledge you aren't at risk.  If you have a regular partner, you can safely continue unprotected sex without risk of transmitting anything.

Regards--  HHH, MD
Thank you so much for the quick reply.  Your expert answers make me feel much better and help me to really relax about everything.  Even though it's considered safe sex,  I definitely won't be doing anything like that again mainly so I don't worry so much about it.  Once again thank you so much.
You're welcome.  Glad to have helped.