STDs Community
Liquid vs Pill

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Liquid vs Pill

I was diagnosed with chlamydia on wed, i took the liquid form instead of pill form which one will work faster? Also my partner got tested on thursday and he was negative for chlamydia but positive for ngu he also received a liquid but wasnt sure what it was. The doctor asked if i had experience any of the common symptoms and I explained no. Therefore she told me that she is not sure about how long I could have had it. Even by me taking the meds could i still carry it as well as infect my partner after the 7 day period is up for the both of us?
No, the medication is effective. Neither one is going to work faster then the other. If you want wait about 3-4 weeks and you can retest to make sure it is cured.