STDs Expert Forum
Little Red Bumps on my Penus Head

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Little Red Bumps on my Penus Head

I have been highly stressed the past few days as little red bumps have appeared on the head of my penus and a little barely visible cluster (2 - 3 red tiny bumps) near the ring of my penus. Also there are small little red spots on the inner foreskin of my penus and nothing on the outside shaft or on my testicles. The red bumps are about the size of a pencil tip and aren't very noticeable. I have been having them for about 2 days now and they are a little less noticeable now then they were at there peak. As I said before they are barely noticeable, but I am really worried because I haven't had anything like this before. I haven't been experiencing any other type of pain or itching or anything, just that there are little red noticeable bumps (at there peak looked like little tiny pimples).
I've been in a monogamous relationship for about 4 months now and before that I was in a monogamous relationship for almost 4 years. My previous partner didn't have anything and neither did I. Between my previous girlfriend and current girlfriend I didn't experience any sexual intercourse (no oral or regular sex), but I did receive a handjob if you will and I did finger her (both happened about 4 or 5 times over a 2 week period) and that was the sum of it.
I really haven't had any sexual intercourse except with my ex-girlfriend and my current girlfriend. I went today to get tested for HSV2 and I'm really stressed about the whole situation mostly because my girlfriend is freaking out. Should I be worried of having something given the description of my past and current condition?
If you have herpes, what you can expect is red/inflamed spots that within a day change to superficial blister-like lesions filled with clear fluid, which over the next 2-3 days turn into pimple-like (pus-filled) lesions, that then start to dry up and heal over the next few days.  The individual lesions typically are at least 1 mm (1/16th inch) in size.  They would be itchy or sore, and tender to the touch.  If you don't have these signs, you can be pretty certain it isn't herpes.

You don't describe enough detail for me to be sure, and in any case I cannot make a specific diagnosis on line.  But this doesn't sound like herpes to me.  In order to be sure, see a health care provider.  You say you sent for testing today:  What did the provider say about your penile symptoms?  (If the provider couldn't see anything wrong, you definitely don't have herpes.)  If not certain about your provider's expertise, get another opinion, such as from your local health department STD clinic.

Good luck--  HHH, MD
I haven't seen a medical doctor yet, but I did go have tests done for STDs today at a lab. I made an appointment with my doctor for this week so that he can clear up any doubts for me.
I mean I know you can not give a diagnosis online, but what are the chances of me actually having something? As I said before I've only had sex with 2 people since my last checkup and they both claim to be clean. The only other time apart from that was when I was with that girl for about a week and we never had intercourse, just a handjob and me fingering her (sorry if this is unappropriate terminology.).
Another thing that I forgot to mention (my girlfriend brought it to my attention), is there ground on me contracting herpes from fingering a girl? Like their fluids getting on my fingers and then lets say me touching my penis in some way?

I'm very anxious and stressed about the whole situation.

I have only been with 2 people since my last test and as I said I came up negative for everything and both my current and previous partners claim they have NOTHING.
Based on all you say, the chance you have any STD zero or close to it.  Herpes is not transmitted by fingering.

HHH, MD
Thank you for clearing that up. I went and got tested today for other STDs that I didn't get tested for on the first day. The male-nurse took a look at what I have and said it may be bacteria causing an infection or mulloscum contagiosum.
He said that mulloscum heals by itself and no treatment is needed and that if it's only a bacteria infection (i haven't been circumcised and it possible that bacteria caused an infection) to see a dermatologist if it doesn't go away anytime soon, but overall to just wait for the test results to get back.
But just wanted to overall say thanks.
Your nurse friend is wrong about molluscum contagiosum.  If that's what you have, you should be treated.  Yes, it will heal by itself, but that will take many weeks or months and new lesions probably will continue to appear.  Proper treatment definitely speeds it up.  But if you have MC, you didn't get it during the exposure you describe above.  It takes several weeks to show up.

HHH, MD
A related discussion, what could be the cause was started.
A related discussion, small cluster of red bumps was started.