STDs Community
Long term Cough and change in voice after oral sex

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I had unprotected oral sex with a guy and a week and 1/2 later i developed a really bad hacking cough (suggesting it was viral) which was severe and affected sleeping for a few weeks.  This eventually cleared but i still cough from time to time even after 3-4 months.  In addition in the last few months my voice has  gone a little deeper and raspier suggesting there is somethin in there or change in the voice area.  I noticed a lot of guys here have these deeper rattly voices as oral sex is common between guys here, what causes this infection and the changes in voice, if it is a viral infection, which one is it and why is it not listed as an STD.  Are there many other viruses carried in seman.

Your help is appreciated.