Long term effects of Gonorrhea
I have spent a lot of time searching the Internet and have not been able to find an answer to this question so I am really hoping you can help.  I believe many that have Gonorrhea and Chlamydia do not exhibit any
symptoms.  Therefore I have to believe a lot of people are walking around  infected without knowing and later develop long-term symptoms and issues.  So my concerns cant be uncommon.

Its possible I may have been exposed when I performed oral sex on another man about a year ago without a condom.  I have had urine tests for both Gonorrhea and Chlamydia and blood tests for HIV and all are negative.  Many STD  centers do not offer throat swabs so I havent been able to have my throat tested and to be honest I'm a little surprised at how difficult getting tested is proving.  Anyway about 6 months ago I started getting pain in my right
wrist that lasted about 3 months and then went away.  I then got a very similar pain in my left wrist which I still have.  I havent done anything that I believe would cause me to strain my wrists.  I believe joint pain like this could be a symptom. I have recently developed a mild sore  throat in my lower throat that has been there for about 3-4 weeks and feel generally a little run down.  I didnt have any symptoms within the month after possible exposure.  Are these possible symptoms of a long-term Gonorrhea infection?  What risks exist if its not treated and what do you recommend I do next?  Thank you for your help.  The support and advice you provide so many is truly invaluable.

Thanks,

Jim
Could you have been exposed to gonorrhea about 1 yr ago from oral sex...yes but not chlamydia because it is not passed from oral sex. Oral sex overall is low risk and if you did get oral gonorrhea it usually cures it's self in 6 weeks or so.

No they are not symptoms of long term gonorrhea because as I said it would cure its self.

I suggest you not worry about this. If you feel like you need to then haveyour throat swabed but I see no reason for testing.