STDs Community
MYCOPLASMA HOMINIS

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

MYCOPLASMA HOMINIS

Dr Hunter Mansfield - Seattle or any Doctor

I saw one of your earlier posts on mycoplasma hominis. I have been been trying for a baby for few years without success. I had an investigative laparosopy a few weeks ago. My fallopian tubes where found to be blocked and covered in scar tissue due to an untreated bacteria infection. Gyn took dna and sent to lab, results came back as positive for Mycoplasma hominis. There is a slim to none chance that I will conceive naturally.
I was told that this is an STD, and the reason why I cant have kids is due to this bacteria infection. I was given a course of antibiotics, my husband sperm was tested and he came back positive for the same thing.
I really cannot find much information about it on the web. I dont know how long I had it, where or who I got it from and am confused as to why you say it is harmless and all men and women carry it. I have never heard of it before. I had STD screening previously and was not screened for this.
Is it classed as an STD? My doctor says it is. Why do you say it is harmless? I have just been told I am infertile because of it.  Any information you have is highly appreciated Doctor. I was screened for all other stds and they came back negative. How can this disease do so much damage? My Doc told me that once contracting it, it would have taken 6 weeks to do the damage it did to my tubes. I will resort to IVF, but I am devasted that I never knew I had it. I had no symptoms so couldnt do anything about it. Now its too late.

Thanks for any feedback you have on Mycoplasma Hominis
This isn't the experts forum.  To get Dr. Handsfield's opinion, you need to go to the std expert forum, and post your question there.  It will cost $15.

Aj
My ex boyfriend gave me mycoplasma hominis which I had no knowledge of this ...  I started the treatment for this and I went back to get tested again to see if it went away but I still have it .. What do I do ?