STDs Community
Male yeast infection or herpes?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Male yeast infection or herpes?

I think I am having trouble with a yeast infection, but because it hasn't cleared up, I'm worried it could be something more serious.

about a month ago my girlfriend started birth control and developed a mild yeast infection. During her yeast infection we just did mutual masturbation. We didn't use any lubricants on me, and she irritated my skin a little. The day after her yeast infection we had sex. Two days later the irritation started to look infected. a few days after that my penis head got really red and kind of scaly around the edges. I tried the cheap 3 day yeast infection stuff they sell at the stores and it maybe helped a little.

I went to the doctor and he checked it out, agreed that it was a yeast infection, but did not run any tests, but he did send me to get a cbc and a urinalysis. The doc gave me 3 Fluconazole pills (he told me to take once a week) and some kind of topical cream.

The next morning the irritation pretty much flaked off and it was looking like it was working. 5 days after I took the first pill it started to come back it seemed like, so I took another one. It caused more of the irritation to dry up and flake off.

a few days later I took the last pill and it didn't really do that much.

now I'm out of pills, it's looking terrible and I'm starting to feel a burning on my anus.

cbc and urinalysis came back normal

I'm freaking out and this is all I've been able to think about for the last month. It's really affecting my behavior. I have to take a look at it constantly
Herpes wouldn't last this long, so you need to follow up with your doctor.

Aj