STDs Community
Married but tried with men

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Married but tried with men

Hello Doc,
   I am 31 and been married for 8 years, I have always been a little Bi-Curious but repressed the other side until just recently when I went out town on business this summer (July) and went out with a guy who I later found out had HIV.  We did not have sex though I did put his **** in my mouth for a brief moment (few seconds probably).  I did not even remember this until he told me just recently he had HIV, which freaked me out.  I also have just had unprotected anal sex with a guy that claims he is clean, and I was the insertive partner (top) and I did cum inside him.  Now with the news of this other guy I am very stressed about my own risk and exposure to my wife.  I do not believe I have any symptoms of any STDs, except my tonsils have been a little swollen lately, but they have been enlarged most of my life.  The partner I had sex with was an erotic massage therapist, but claims I was the only guy he ever invited back to his room since he had a partner until now.  We looked for a condomn and couldnt find one and proceeded anyway- (yea I know that wasn't smart) but obviously I wasnt thinking right either.   Please tell me my risk assessment.  Until this I have been monogamous with my wife.  
You already posted in the hiv forum and they'll address that part with you.

as for other std's, you need to get a full std screening done.  You can get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea 2 weeks post encounter, syphilis anytime after 6 weeks and hiv and herpes anytime after 3 months.  

grace
Is there anything that can be done, hours, or days after possible exposure to limit your chances of any type of infection?  Boost immune system etc?  
No there is not.

Also to be honest, your spouse is going to get a little suspicious that you are avoiding sex for 3 months. Might want to 'fess up to what's been going on so that you two can work thru this together.

grace
thank you for your response - I am fortunate enough to just had a talk with my wife to go off birth control for a while and we would use a condom in the interem, due to side effects from the birth control.  I love my wife and family enough not to want to ruin this over a stupid mistake.  We talked many years ago about if one of ever did have sex and it was a mistake, not an ongoing affair, that neither of us would want to know about it, and I want to hold onto that.  
I did want to know though, that if you do contract an STD, is there a period of time before you would be considered contagious and could pass it on?  Do they need an incubation period of time?
Not really any time frame other then like a day or two at most for some STD's.