STDs Community
Married but tried with men
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Married but tried with men

Hello Doc,
   I am 31 and been married for 8 years, I have always been a little Bi-Curious but repressed the other side until just recently when I went out town on business this summer (July) and went out with a guy who I later found out had HIV.  We did not have sex though I did put his **** in my mouth for a brief moment (few seconds probably).  I did not even remember this until he told me just recently he had HIV, which freaked me out.  I also have just had unprotected anal sex with a guy that claims he is clean, and I was the insertive partner (top) and I did cum inside him.  Now with the news of this other guy I am very stressed about my own risk and exposure to my wife.  I do not believe I have any symptoms of any STDs, except my tonsils have been a little swollen lately, but they have been enlarged most of my life.  The partner I had sex with was an erotic massage therapist, but claims I was the only guy he ever invited back to his room since he had a partner until now.  We looked for a condomn and couldnt find one and proceeded anyway- (yea I know that wasn't smart) but obviously I wasnt thinking right either.   Please tell me my risk assessment.  Until this I have been monogamous with my wife.  
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
You already posted in the hiv forum and they'll address that part with you.

as for other std's, you need to get a full std screening done.  You can get tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea 2 weeks post encounter, syphilis anytime after 6 weeks and hiv and herpes anytime after 3 months.  

grace
Blank
Is there anything that can be done, hours, or days after possible exposure to limit your chances of any type of infection?  Boost immune system etc?  
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
No there is not.

Also to be honest, your spouse is going to get a little suspicious that you are avoiding sex for 3 months. Might want to 'fess up to what's been going on so that you two can work thru this together.

grace
Blank
thank you for your response - I am fortunate enough to just had a talk with my wife to go off birth control for a while and we would use a condom in the interem, due to side effects from the birth control.  I love my wife and family enough not to want to ruin this over a stupid mistake.  We talked many years ago about if one of ever did have sex and it was a mistake, not an ongoing affair, that neither of us would want to know about it, and I want to hold onto that.  
I did want to know though, that if you do contract an STD, is there a period of time before you would be considered contagious and could pass it on?  Do they need an incubation period of time?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Not really any time frame other then like a day or two at most for some STD's.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...