STDs Expert Forum
Massage panic

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Massage panic

Dear Doctors,
In had a normal massage done by my massage therapist. He is gay but that is  not a problem for me. But the last time in april, he was giving me a massage and out of the blue he took my penis in his mouth. He wanted to give me oral sex. I immediately stopped him, but my penis was in his mouth for 3 seconds. He thought that we had a connection. I went home immediately, but was afraid to tell my wife about this.
The next day I went to the doctor and he gave me 1000 mg azithromycine. But he said that I didn’t need testing. I took the azithromycine 24 hours after the incident. The next day, 48 hours after I took 4 augmentin pills 875 mg. I’ve read on the internet they work against gonorrhea.
I month later in may I had a stinging in my penis and I started to freak out because I had sex with my wife. And I am so afraid that my wife has an infection or pid. In oktober my wife needed to that Zithromax 1.5g over 2 days for an infection of her ear. I then also took Zithromax 1.5g and doxycycline 100mg 2 x a day for 5 days against possible chlamydia/ngu.  I have a few questions:
1) Can I get gonorrhea or ngu from this brief oral?
2) Would the Zithromax 1 day after the exposure block or prevent gonorrhea or ngu?
3) What about the 4 pills of augmentin?
4) I’m afraid that the Zithromax just made gonorrhea symptoms mild. But if this is the item would the symptoms not severe over time or do they keep mild for month.
5) I only had discharge when aroused and 1 time after a bowel movement, but it is clear discharge like semen. What do you think about std’s: chlamydia, gonorrhea…?
Kind regards

Welcome to our Forum.  I will be happy to comment and hope that my comments will help to relieve your concerns.  The exposure you describe was very, very low risk for any STD.  As I understand it, your masseuse only took your penis into his mouth briefly and did not perform oral sex.  Infections following oral sex are rather uncommon and given how brief it sounds like your exposure was, your risk is far lower than average.  Further, even if you had been infected, the therapies you have taken would have almost certainly cured them.  Finally, the symptoms you describe are not suggestive of STD but are likely due to some other cause.  I would not worry.

In answer to your specific questions:

It is possible but, as explained above, very unlikely in your case.

Yes it would.

3) What about the 4 pills of augmentin?
This might help but is less certain.

No, over time the symptoms would have become more apparent.

These are expression of normal genital secretions, not an indication of gonorrhea or NGU.

I hope my comments help.  Please do not worry.  EWH
Thank you docter for your quick answer, the exposure was indeed that my massage therapist took my penis in his mouth for 3 seconds. I stopped him immediately when i realised it. This was about 3 seconds. I have a few extra questions:
1) i have the feeling of discharge and discomfort in my penis. But when i look and check, there is nothing. Then i have weeks that i have nothing and everything seems normal. But the minute i feel something i start to worry and i start to check my penis. Does this sound to you like an std after all the antibiotics me and my wife took?

2) in case there is an std. Do i need to worry about epidimytis?

3) do you recommend testing?

Kind regards
What you report sounds much like the effect of your anxiety and constant checking than an STD. The only reason to test is if you think the negative tests I am confident you will get will give you peace of mind and allow you to stop worrying. EWH
thank you doctor, i'll try not to worry. kind regards
Glad to help.  Take care.  EWH