STDs Expert Forum
Massage parlor encounter...
About This Forum:

The STD Forum is intended only for questions and support pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases other than HIV/AIDS, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, human papillomavirus, genital warts, trichomonas, other vaginal infections, nongonoccal urethritis (NGU), cervicitis, molluscum contagiosum, chancroid, and pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). All questions will be answered by H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D. or Edward W Hook, MD.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Massage parlor encounter...

About 2 weeks ago I visited an Asian massage parlor. the female sex worker performed oral protected sex and we had vaginal sex with the same condom..it never came off and i ejaculated inside her.  I think the condom was one of those "thin-layered" ones because although I didn't feel her "wetness", i was able to feel the warmth of her vagina.  Did I contract HIV?  Please get back to me as soon as possible because I am losing my mind....
Related Discussions
239123_tn?1267651214
That is a zero risk encounter, even if your partner had HIV--which she probably did not.  All condoms on the market are highly protective.  As a guess, perhaps your massage partner used a polyurethane rather than latex condom.  Such condoms are equally effective.  Your chance of having caught HIV is less than the odds you will be struck by lightning in the next week.

HHH, MD
5 Comments
Blank
Just to give some more detail, when she performed fellatio, she immediately put the condom on me before putting my penis in her mouth.  The woman was older than me, i guess between 35-45 yrs old.  while she performed oral with a condom i fingered her clitoris, and then proceeded to sex..condom on the whole time.  I know everyone talks about there's no risk because i had a condom on, but does my risk increase because it was a thin condom (or so i believe a thin condom)?  does it increase because i'm not sure what brand of condom it was or how old it was/expired, etc? does my risk increase if it was one of those "microscopic pores" condoms? i never even heard of those before.  To sum it all up i am losing sleep and my appetite.  I feel horrible and I don't know what to do. please...anyone PLEASE, physicians, anyone with information please reply....Thank you..
Blank
I have not heard of the microscopic pore condoms you refer to. Even if pores exist which are larger than the virus itself, it has to pass with fluid, the virus can't jump through a hole on its own. And a good bit of it has to get into your body to infect.
Blank
239123_tn?1267651214
No condoms are manufactured with intentional "microscopic pores".  Perhaps you are referring to natural membrane condoms, but even those are highly protective, for the reason given by Willl.  Your risk remains less than the lightning strike range.  

HHH, MD
Blank
Great analogy Doc!!!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
239123_tn?1267651214
H. Hunter Handsfield, M.D.Blank
University of Washington
Seattle, WA
300980_tn?1194933000
Edward W Hook, MDBlank