STDs Community
Maybe paranoid?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Maybe paranoid?

I am in a relationship and ran into an old girlfriend awhile back and had a moment of weakness.  We ended up at her place and she gave oral for 30 seconds and I did the same to her for the same amount if time.  We had intercourse only for 5 mins before I came to my senses and stopped. The next day I started feeling the symptoms of an STD, it felt uncomfortable and sore when I urinate and there was a little amount of discharge. I went to my doctor right away and performed a urine test for Chlamydia And gonorrhoea and took azithromycin that he prescribed that day. The next day I unprotected sex with my girlfriend and then not until a week after.  since then I have had symptoms come and go, usually after sex and when I have milked my penis looking for discharge.  I have had this happen in the past where I have had a reaction to certain condoms which have caused a bacterial infection. So this may be all in my head, but after every time I have sex with my girlfriend I feel the symptoms return, then a day later they go away.   What are the chances I picked up an std and passed them onto my girlfriend even though I took the azithromycin .  Could I have passed it to her during that one time and now we are passing it back and forth to each other? My urine test from the day after was negative, but I heard that the urine test is not all that precise for testing for STD's. Can someone tell me if I am being paranoid or not?
It's impossible to get STD symptoms under 24 hours ("the next day") after exposure; you were just examining yourself too closely, or the symptoms were from some previous sexual exposure. And if somehow you in fact were infected despite the negative test results, the azithromycin would have sufficiently suppressed either gonorrhea or chlamydia so you were not infectious for your regular partner.

"I heard that the urine test is not all that precise for testing for STDs":  Not true. Where did you hear that? Urine testing is extremely accurate for gonorrhea and chlamydia.

"Can someone tell me if I am being paranoid or not?"  Yes, I can tell you that. "Paranoid" is a strong word, yours not mine; but I'm confident you acquired no STD and have nothing to worry about.
Thank you!  One question? I was with my partner the next day after being with my ex and took the azithromycin that same day as we'll.  if on the off chance I did have an infection from the day before would it be possible to pass it on to my partner before it incubated?