STDs Community
Messed up

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Messed up

I am a 33 year old male (Married)

Around 45 days back, I went into a Thai style massage parlor where I had protected oral and vaginal sex (with a condom, with myself on the back and the woman on top). The thing lasted around 15 mins and I ejaculated by masturbating without a condom .

Two days later - I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker. The same lasted for 2 to 3 minutes (fellatio), No vaginal or anal penetration happened. I ejaculated by masturbating while the woman was stimulating me with her tongue on my testicles.

Soon after the incident, I started worrying about STD and related Issues, and felt that there might be something wrong.

This was my first time, post marriage with anyone other than my wife hence the guilt and the anxiety was also at its peak. And also the first time ever with a sex worker

I started reading about common STD’s and their symptoms and started ruling them out in my head, hoping that I will not have one of them. I also, started feeling a little discomfort in my privates

During this time I was having sex with my wife  

25 days from the exposure - I started having a lot of discomfort in my private parts, the frequency of urination increased, the urge of urination also increased with some burning and pain. This coupled with the fear of an STD made it very difficult.

The same night I paid a visit to my doc, explaining my issue and exposure. He did a small physical check and ruled STD out immediately as there was no discharge, redness, sores, blisters, warts etc. He diagnosed a case of UTI. He suggested that I start consuming soda bicarb, and prescribed flavoxate hydrochloride. And mentioned that I should forget about STD

27 days from Exposure - but two days later I revisited the doc as no considerable improvement was seen. He prescribed me Norfloxacin and suggested a routine Urine test with and Ultrasound (to rule out any obstruction) , in case the problem persisted.

30 days from Exposure - I got the test done, The Urine showed no Bacteria and the Ultrasound was clear. the doc then stopped the Norfloxacin and mentioned that I continue with Flavoxate.

The symptoms of Frequent urination, burning etc was going down but started having some pain in my left testicle and I felt some heaviness  . (Started Thinking about epididymitis)

32 Days from Exposure - I went to a seasoned urologist and provided the history; he did a physical check and without saying much he prescribed a 7 day course of Doxycycline 100 mg (twice a day).

34 days  - To be sure, I visited a venereologist, and shared the history. He also did a physical check and suggested that it may be a case of NGU . He prescribed the same course of action Doxycyline (14 days) and suggested some tests

· LFT Urine

· A HIV 1 and 2 antibodies

· VDRL

· CBS ESR

All came back ok.

Today is the 10th day that I am on doxcy and my condition / symptoms are somewhat still prevalent. - Heaviness in the testicles, general discomfort,  slight burning, urge to urinate and numbness (at times)

still not talked about it with my wife and I am scared whether she might also have an STD . She has shown no symptoms other than a mild fever in the evenings. No abnormal discharge, no burning during urination, no spotting etc. My anxiety levels are so high that each day I spend almost 8 hours just searching the internet, reading the same information again and again , Trying to quiz my wife for any symptoms etc.

I have not had sex with my wife since my first visit to the doc.

Questions

1. Do I have an STD – What are my chances of having the same? OR its Anxiety and guilt that is causing all this

2. Chances of my wife having an STD from me (I have not spoken to her as I don’t want her to have the same anxiety )
3. If I have an STD then the course of medication I presume is correct and should cure most common STD's

Looking for some answers
1. You probably don't have a STD. Your risk from the unprotected oral was the biggest risk and that risk was low. I would say this is anxiety/guilt.

2. See #1

3. Yes

But just so I am clear the risk for the protected sex and oral was just about zero. The risk for unprotected oral is low and without discharge testing is not really needed. You had a test that showed no bacteria, so that basically rules out gonorrhea and NGU (bacterial STDs you can get from oral). I think your "symptoms" are from anxiety/guilt.
Thanks Vance for your reply,

I am finishing my course of doxy and the doctor has advised to forget the entire episode and move on. He said that anyways I was given symptomatic treatment.

However I still have some Weird symptoms that are not leaving me,

Such as
• feeling of numbness and slight pain in my privates
• Overall discomfort in the area
• I am not able to urinate with force / pressure

Dont know when this will be cleared , Can this also be caused by anxiety

Dear Vance ,

Thanks for your answers,

Its been 10 days that I  have finished the 14 course of Doxcy (100mg twice daily)

However there are still some concerns

The urniation frequency , burning has all subsided to a major extent , and there was never any discharge.

But there has been still some pain / tension / discomfort / at times numbness in my groin region . cant figure out the origin of the pain , sometimes its seems that its the left testicle or lower left abdomen. It pain/ discomfort persist and move to the left leg also.

The verenologist suggested that I am perfectly fine and I should forget about the episode as it was an extremely low risk exposure (unprotected Oral) and I never had a discharge and was given symptomatic tretament for NGU.

The Urologists mentions that I should give it some more time as it could be anxiety led (I hope that is the case)

Just few clarifications

I have had 2 urine test (regular - not specific to Chlamidiya or Gono) both showed no bacteria.

Also the second test was done While I was already on doxy (3 days)
All other test ·

HIV 1 and 2 antibodies

· VDRL

· CBS ESR

Came back  ok (but again the same were done while I had 3 days of doxy)

I have resumed sex with my wife .

But the symptoms mentioned above have not left me.

I am planning to start a family and the entire scenario is making me tensed each minute.

Questions
1) are the persistant symptoms due to anxiety , Std or any other urological issue.
2) Should i get myself tested again ?
3) What should I do

Thanks for your support

Best Regards
1. Most likely anxiety as 2 Dr's have told you
2. See no reason for that
3. Move on, seek a therapist maybe for anxiety
Here is the best advice I think someone can give you on here, stop cheating on your wife and this will never happen, she doesn't deserve it!
Dear Vance ,

Thanks for your valuable comments .

Just a few more questions

the  acute pain in my groin - testicles (majorly left side) has not subsided at all .

Could this be a case of epididymitis ( I am aware that the risk of the same with unprotected oral is extremely low )

or this is again anxiety led ?

Regards

appreciate the advice

Trust me my exposure was the first and last . cant go through anything like this again

Regards