STDs Community
Mild irritation in uretha, no discharge

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Mild irritation in uretha, no discharge

Dr
I recently received unprotected oral sex from a high risk partner, 5 hrs later I felt a mild irritation through my urinary tract (from base to tip)
I feel the urge to pee consistently, but when I do I go fine with the same mild burning sensation, the mild burning sensation is present about an hour after I wake up throughout the day
This has only been going on for 2 and a half days
I am thinking about it non-stop as I feel terrible about this
I am being tested tomorrow for gon and chlamydia, if I have these and treat them when can I haveunprotezted sex with a non infected partner
thanks
Symptoms do not start 5hrs later. My guess is that anxiety is causing "symptoms". But if you do happen to test positive then you have to wait 1 week after medication is finished.
If I do have something based on these symptoms and your  expertise what could it be?
Hi! Ok, so here's my advice. First, don't hit the panic button just yet...you don't have a reason to get upset right now. Second, you're going to have to wait until you can go get tested for anything. I'd suggest waiting 3 weeks...I know it sounds like an unbearably long time but that about of time would be sufficient for an STD test to show if you have anything. Don't let anxiety drive you crazy. Be calm, and monitor your symptoms if there are any. Third, IF you do have gonorrhea or chlamydia or any other type of bacterial VD, treatment is easy and effective (another reason not to panic).  
Thanks good advice, I really hope that it is nothing, seems like it is guilt, I wish I would have been thinking about all of the ramifications when it happened
I need to relax, but it is so hard
At this point you need to go today or tomorrow and get a proper urine testing done. They can look for bacteria in the urine for starters.

I would not have unprotected sex again with your regular partner for another week or two at this point. You need to find out what is going on and properly treat it first.

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers