STDs Community
Molluscum Contagious in Mouth

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Molluscum Contagious in Mouth

I was infected with MC and have been using Aldara. Afetr 5 weeks my tongue and gums became very red and sore and little white spots appeared under the skin on the inside of my upper lip (none on the bottom lip). Can anypne please help? Has this occured to anyone, I'm paranooid about it and have lost sleep and good office times.

This discussion is related to Molluscum in my mouth?.
What are you looking for?
I want to how to get rid of this.
where was your mc?

you aren't using aldara in your mouth are you?

grace
I used it on my chin. Although the MC on my private parts are going off, i feel its come in a few parts of my body and now under and inside my nose as well. freaky
I'd return to the dermatologist for further evaluation to see what all is going on.  if the aldara isn't working or you are somehow spreading it to other body parts by touching, perhaps you need these all surgically removed instead of trying the aldara to treat it.

not to panic you but no easy way to ask this - do you have any underlying medical issues? also have you been tested for hiv?

Yes, i have tested all kinds of STD, nothing positive so I'm good in that way. I asked the derm and he said not to worry for the one on my face and nose. Any idea about it?
if you are spreading it to more body parts, time for a different way to treat it. if the dermatologist you are seeing now isn't helpful, seek out a 2nd opinion elsewhere.