STDs Community
Molluscum Healing ?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Molluscum Healing ?

I had Molluscum Contagiosum for about 6 months, then it went away, and its been gone for years. I havent been exposed to it again, I'm completely sure. Is it gone for good ? My doctor said that I should be fine from here on out, but I'd like a second opinion.
with MC you would be free from another outbreak from the same incubation.  the virus only lives in your skin and leaves when the lesions are gone.  

i have a question myself though.  I too have recently had this fun little condition.  it's been about 5 months total for me and about two months since i had a lesion pop up.  this is a huge relief but i do still have red blotches where a few of my lesions were.  they are not painful or itchy and they are slowly improving in appearance as well but I just want the things gone and I wanted to know A. if this is normal for MC because i havn't run across information about someone else that this happened to and B. if anyone has either an estimate of how long i can expect these things and if there are any methods that someone knows to speed up getting rid of them.
there is a product called cantharone that gets rid of them.  It's prescription but I got it through a canadian pharmacy without a prescription.  You place just a tiny dot of the liquid on the bumps. It causes a blister to form in the underlying layers of the skin, pushing those little suckers right on out.  You may want to ask your doctor or dermatologist about it.  That's where I found out about it
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers